Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone get the new mini?

TheDirtyBurgerTheDirtyBurger Posts: 846
edited 10:19AM in EggHead Forum
So apparently they redesigned the mini's hinge. Does anyone have this new mini? Is it worth the increased price?

I got quoted $250 for a mini earlier in the winter but now it seems prices went up almost $100-$175. I know it is my fault for sleeping on the deal. I know the mini is a good egg and I know I would use it. Thanks guys!
tim
·

Comments

• Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,611
    Absolutely! I got mine a few days before the price increase and the hinge is GREAT. Also the rigid handle. Exactly like using one of the larger Eggs.
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    I got mine just a few weeks ago with the new hinge. it works great however I don't know anything about the old ones. The dealer was probably quoting the increased price since Feb.1. I got the old price with the stand included for 285.00. You may ask if they have one they purchased before Feb.1
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,019
    love mine!! my hinge was a retrofit - used to have the original style. the price for the kit was $60, but I don't think it had anything to do the overall price increase. the increase was across the board as far as I know. not just the mini.

5114686277_9ec278bc7a_b.jpg

5114685931_41d92c3d9d_b.jpg
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,676
    In December the Mini with stand was going for about $300.00 in South Texas area (Houston)

Have not priced since price increase.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • At my local store they have them at $400! :ohmy:
    ·
    That is a killer jump...or your local store is on the high side?

$400.00 with stand or Mini alone?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Darian If not too much trouble could you find out the price for a new mini ( new hinge ) &. base to be picked up in Salado. I'm thinking of getting another one TKS my friend.
    ·
    You Egg buying Stud.
    Anything for you my friend...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
    Might be able to make you a good deal on Lora's Small if she is not watching this post. :woohoo:

Mickey is also checking his dealer in Salado.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • That was for the mini alone. I think the stand was an extra $30 or $40...
    ·
  • Jer_invaJer_inva Posts: 109
    I picked one up about three weeks ago, the new model, for around $230 + tax. The store had it in stock from before the price increase. Guess I got lucky.
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    Beli wrote:
    Darian If not too much trouble could you find out the price for a new mini ( new hinge ) &. base to be picked up in Salado. I'm thinking of getting another one TKS my friend.

big timer!!! love it!
    ·
    This was a big jump for a Mini Egg.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,182
    Beli I do as Darian directs sir :whistle:
    We will get you all kinds of prices....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    :laugh: :laugh: Gosh I'm very lucky to have friends like you, Valeria just downloaded the pics from her camera there are a couple of nice ones of you & Lora will send them later
    ·
    Great If she approves
    ·
    Mickey that's just fantastic. Tks my friend ;)
    ·
  • kirstenlkirstenl Posts: 29
    The price increase is across the board. The salesperson messed up when she was quoting me for my medium because they hadn't updated their book and boy was her boss unhappy. They got it back in the delivery charge though and tried to double charge me for my wings. I'm unlikely to go back to them for other accessories / eggs.

Kirsten
    ·
    She must "not" know. B)
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
    Thank you.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
    :blush: :P
    ·
    I left you a very nice voice mail.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • Bulldog MomBulldog Mom Posts: 242
    My hubby got me a mini for Valentine's Day (only folks here would appreciate that comment). He told our dealer he wanted the new style when he ordered it. He was fortunate and they sold him the new version at the old price. We have loved it so far - much more practical for our everyday "grilling" needs. I can't speak to how the old hinge worked before, but I'm very pleased that we have a mini in our arsenal.

And I appreciate my husband so much for a thoughtful gift.
    ·