Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Small egg cooks ribs and sweet taters

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
edited 12:51AM in EggHead Forum
Here we go.
Fired up the small egg, added pecan wood and indirect setup, dome at 325 degrees. One rack of baby back, two sweet taters for tonights dinner.
BGERibsinthesmallegg0001.jpg

After 1 hour, lookin good. Pecan wood has a very mild smoke.
BGERibsinthesmallegg0002.jpg

Time for the braising stage. I have a very nice bean pot just the right size. Added apple juice and the ribs for a 30 minute steam bath.
BGERibsinthesmallegg0003.jpg

Hooodooooogy, now I'm getting hungry. Moved the ribs back onto the grid and for 30 more minutes I mopped with an orange marmalade/BBQ sauce blend to finish them ribs, yeah baby.
BGERibsinthesmallegg0005.jpg

BGERibsinthesmallegg0006.jpg

All done!
BGERibsinthesmallegg0007.jpg

BGERibsinthesmallegg0008.jpg

I had a powerful hunger by the time I put the camera down, let me tell ya. NOW it's time to dig in!
Hope you enjoyed the picture show. :cheer:
BGERibsinthesmallegg0011.jpg

Comments

• Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Great -looking ribs, Clay ! :woohoo:

Pictures are well-done, also !
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,377
    Clay,

Nice pullback on the bones! I did eight hour babybacks on the weekend but it sure would be nice to have ribs on a schoolnight ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Clay are you saying 2 hour ribs?
    They do look good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    I'm home today, snow storm. Staying busy out in the studio workshop- building a small egg table for the Sunshine Eggfest grand prize. Hope you can make it down,... good gosh you need a break from the snow and cold. Me too.
    Yep.
    Smoking them ribs at 325-350 dome, 2 hours total. My favorite way.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I did Clay, thanks!! Looks great. You have the cleanest grate around...wow.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    Thanks Clark,
    Was a nice easy cook. Sweet taters got a nice toasted skin and made the insides carmel sweet. Marmalade glaze was sweet also, a fun tasty dinner on a cold damp day. 6" snow fall today. Worked up an appetite clearing the drive. :whistle:
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    That looks awsome Clay. I have never tried the braising of ribs. Just might have to give it a try.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    Thanks Molly,
    Yeah, I clean my grates once in a while. :lol: Got a special recycling tub large enough for washing in. I can't use the laundry tub anymore,... I was punished for that. :S
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    I take mine (very rarely) up the street to the coin operated car was along with whatever kind of cleaner I have. :laugh:

Cheers,
    Bordello
    It's another version of the foil stage when cooking ribs.
    Give it a try. If you like fall off the bone you can do it with extra time braising. Cookin 2 hours is just right for me when it's been a busy day.
    Good idea. Blast the grids clean, keep the mess outa the house. ;)
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Right on plus I have nothing but the kitchen sink or the bath tub. We don't street drains just washes for the rain water to be carried away. I have used the kitchen sink but what a mess and not wife to clean it. :( :whistle:

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Great photographs...no doubt you had a great meal tonight! I will try the apple juice steam you speak of - sounds interesting... :)
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Clay that was a good pic show ,how about some delivery? everything looks great.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • berrygoodberrygood Posts: 372
    Wow! Great job on food and pics. Anything other than the drip pan as the indirect piece?
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Awesome looking cook Clay..glad to see the pecan is getting put to good use.. ;)
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Clay, those ribs are all smoke ring! :laugh: