Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Pulled Pork

HasenphefferHasenpheffer Posts: 156
edited 1:42AM in EggHead Forum
<p />I started the fire at 10:15 last night and put a 4.6 lb picinic on at 10:45 and shut the lid. After 15.5 hours the piggy reached 197 degrees. I belive long cook time was because the temp fluctuated a bit over night. At any rate, it turned out great! [p]

• DSCN1323.jpg
    <p />Wrapped the picinic in foil and towels and stuck in a cooler for 2 hours. Unwrapped it and it fell apart with a fork. :-)

• Hasenfeffer,[p]Congratulations to you on your first successful overnighter! I'm sure many more will follow...[p]Mac
  • jake42jake42 Posts: 931
    You should be proud of yourself. Looks great. After I shred mine, I usually sprinkle it with some Dizzy Pig seasoning.

• jake42,[p]Thanks![p]I need to try some of these special rubs.
    I coated the picinic with the BGE rub prior to the cook.
    It was good but maybe a tad too much salt.