Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hi! Been awhile - simple meal.

WWSis
WWSis Posts: 1,448
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone: well, I will admit winter has really disrupted my egging. We got ANOTHER 30" of snow yesterday - third snowiest winter on record. I am ready for spring - we have been feeling tired of the heavy "winter" food, so grilled up a couple of breasts with Richards kona rub(delish!), six halves of romaine; topped with sauteed shrooms, red onion, fresh parm and a very little dollop of ceasar. It got at least five "nmmm's" from Dave! Although we got pounded with snow yesterday, our roads were completely clear today. ;)
Here are the breasts - so moist, as always.
2c2cb67c.jpg
And the romaine, squeezed on the small...chicken underneath!
59a1536f.jpg
Plated...
c1fb6c24.jpg
Snowmobile trail in the sunshine
265eb601.jpg
King of the snow!
87db5d19.jpg
Tuckers path...
44e6187e.jpg
A small drift!
c37fd3a2.jpg
Thanks for looking, think spring! :) :cheer:

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    That's too much! Snow that is. :ermm:

Great chick cook. :P

Stay warm. :blink:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Julia, Spring, spring, spring.....
    Great pictures, and dinner looks yummy!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    LOVE that pup!! The snow sucks! :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    that last pic is hilarious...

was thinking of you when i saw the forecast. we got three inches of rain.

god only gives you what you can handle. us flatlanders can't handle any more snow i guess.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Hey Julia,

It will be over soon unless this global warming continues. Nice cook!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• WWSis
  • WWSis
    Thanks, Molly - added shrooms just for you, as always! :laugh:
  • WWSis
    Thanks, Michael! Tuck didn't want to come in tonight - he loves the snow :)
  • WWSis
    Jeff - you guys have sure had your fill, too. I was driving today, amazed at how quickly we actually get things cleaned up - 30 inches, a brief inconvenience! :) :laugh:
  • WWSis
    Steve, thanks. Yea...the groundhog lies! :angry:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    No kidding
    We had 18" one storm this winter and the kids still had school :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Great pics Julia,, hope your near the end of all that white stuff :ermm:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    :laugh: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Julia, the groundhog is in Pennsylvania!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Hi Julia.
    Our Fairfax (VA) doesn't look like your Fairfax right now. But that's beautiful. Wish I was there.
    Cheers, and it looks like you are making the best of it. Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Great post Julia! The food looks wonderful and the snow is beautiful! Tucker looks happy! I bet he loves a little snow. Have you been getting your fishing tackle ready and your sun screen well stocked in preparation for the ice out and boat launching? :cheer:

Blair

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Ohhhh, the dreaded snow. At least you are making the best of it. Looks like Tucker enjoys it!!! :)
  • Nice cook Julia :) !
    Your place ooks like my place with all the snow :ohmy:
    However it is warming again with a forecast of sun and a high in the 30's tomorrow...That will melt it down
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    just think all that will melt so there is plenty of water to get that new boat out come spring :) Tucker does look happy LOL
    DOGSNW.jpg
    my dog in the snow looks nothing like yours!! :laugh: :P he daddy has to run the snow blower to make paths...
    outdiningroom.jpg
    lobydoor.jpg
    lookingoutback.jpg
    this was from the winter I decided the store could be closed... if they can get in I can't sell them anything LOL
  • Hi Julia. I feel for you guys. It's been 80 here all week!!!

It sure does look pretty in pictures, though.
    Glad you were able to dig the egg out.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini