Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nature Boy....Chicken Thighs, and some "Jamaican Majic"!! / PICS

Options
Chubby
Chubby Posts: 2,955
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I thawed a dozen or so Chicken Thighs, and did some experimenting with different preps.[p]In the process, I hit upon a winner and thought I'd pass the recipe along!![p]
I started by combining...[p]P20500462.jpg[p]1 cup "World Harbors" Jerk Sauce...(great stuff)!!
1 cup Apricot Nectar
2 red Jalapenos...diced
2 cloves garlic (diced)
2 tblsps "Dizzy Pig" Jamaican Firewalk....(also great stuff)!![p]Marinate for 6hrs....[p]Pat dry.... and sprinkle with more "Jamaican Firewalk" before grilling 25-30 minutes , (seared skin side down...finnished indirect).[p]Boil marinade for 3-4 minutes.... and use for basting the thighs during the last few minutes(reserving 6 ozs.or so for Onions/Peppers)[p]While "finnishing" the thighs....Saute':[p]1 Large Sweet Onion
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
1 Red Jalapeno diced
1 Handfull of Black and Golden Raisans[p]Once the onions start to carmelize...stir in the reserved marinade and sprinkle with additional "Firewalk" [p]Drizzle over rested thighs!!![p]P20500252.jpg[p](Macro shot for you Jason)!![p]P20500232.jpg[p]
Majic....Mon!!
That Jamaican Firewalk is some gooood stuff!!
Way to go Chris!![p]Go "Pats"!![p]"Rasta" Chubby...out!![p][p][p]

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!

Comments

• Mike in MN
    Options
    Chubby,
    Yaaah Mon, is goood![p]Looks like a real winner. I can buy that Blue Mountain Jerk Sauce in my local grocery store, now that I know it has been tested "OK." So often we end up with partially used bottles of "stuff." And of course, I have the Firewalk on hand.[p]Mike in MN

• The Austrian
    Options
    Chubby,
    Wow! looks great - have done all kinds of Dizzy Pig rubs on wings and chicken, all with success, but I need to try this one.
    So, I agree with all you are saying - except-[p]GO E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!!!!!![p]TAB

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Looks good. [p]Mike
  • Chubby
    Options
    Mike in MN,[p]It (Firewalk), will help to take "the chill" off your present Weather, that's fer... sher!![p]Wishing I was on "Big V" landing a Smallie!! [p](not this time of year, of course!!)[p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Chubby,
    Now ya done gone and made me HONEgry!
    Those look awesome. I tried a marinade from that company years ago that was way too over-cumin'd and never tried any others. That one sounds awesome, and i will give it a try. You tried Mrs. Dog's?[p]Anyways, glad the Firewalk was a good match, and fantastic pix as usual![p]I still can't decide who to root for in the bowl. As a diehard Skins fan, I would hate to see the Eagles win, but I am getting tired of the Patriots. If the Eagles win, it will make it even sweeter when the Redskins win the division next year.....but dang, the Eagles are the enemy. [p]May the best team win.
    Stouts
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Wowzers that looks awesome. What a great recipe, thanks for sharing![p]I was too hungry to get pics of my lunch- Swamp Venom'd pork chops/center cut tenderloin w/ 1 chunck of alder, cooked on my small. Man sometimes simplicity is just what is called for.[p]Chuck
  • Chubby
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]thanks for the kind words...[p]If'n you can get here...I'll save some fer'ye!![p]No Mrs. Dogs....How do I obtain??[p]..isn't that the Dissapearing Mustard Lady?[p]Evans[p]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Chubby,
    Yep, she is the disappearing rub lady, and the jerk lady :-)
    Here is the link!
    Cheers
    Chris

[ul][li]Unleash the Flavor[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ