Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's Woosday!!!

elzbth
elzbth Posts: 2,075
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had an interesting visitor...my sister actually caught a glimpse of this guy while driving down our street! Neither of us can recall ever having seen one before....honestly, I hate squirrels. This one is kind of cute (if squirrels can be cute) :woohoo:

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Comments

• milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    WHO, was that masked bandit?? :laugh: :laugh: Thankx for sharing your pics. :):) Ronnie.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    One of the many deer stands at Hawks Grove. This was the first morning. The anticipation of what it all looked like was really cool.

fa199fdb.jpg

f17af3d8.jpg

Another stand and a bunch of Turkeys if you can see them directly under me. :S

9800bf2a.jpg

A truly magnificent place :)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Cute little thing :) maybe it's underwater cousin is what took a chunk or two out of my dads lure last week? we were fishing in the kayaks just off the flats and the tide was coming in
    IMAG0172-1.jpg
    IMAG0171-1.jpg
    Neil got some nice trout
    IMAG0169-1.jpg
    sorry don't have the trout pic... that is a lady fish I think...
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Killer cloud.

3311006.jpg
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Love that squirrel! Here is my big beautiful boy with his favorite flowers.
    Easter008.jpg
  • Spring hasn't quite come yet here. I believe this morning is the coldest its ever been here in March -26, -34 wind chill.

SnowinMarch001.jpg

Some one want to move in next door... :unsure: :pinch: :ermm:

SnowinMarch002.jpg

Doug
  • From a while back

This cardinal would fly into our kitchen window repeatedly - obviously atacking his reflection.
    IMG_3513800x600.jpg

IMG_3516800x600.jpg

Then he would land on our thermoter and check things out
    IMG_3505800x600.jpg

To discourage him I placed several pieces of wood in our window box, leaning them against the window. Still curious, he would land in the window box and take a peak.
    IMG_3243800x600.jpg

IMG_3244800x600.jpg

IMG_3253800x600.jpg

IMG_3247800x600.jpg

IMG_3255800x600.jpg

This went on for several weeks.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Yep..........lady fish! Nasty little devils! :ohmy: A puffer is what got 'hold of that lure!
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    You guys have GOT to be ready for some warmer weather! :ohmy:

And I was concerned because we had a light frost yesterday morning. :huh:
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Spoiled rotten on the new deck...

P8240011.jpg

And yeah, those are safety rails.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    That's a fox squirrel. They can get pretty big and are destructive. Sometimes their entire bodies are black and they get big enough to be mistaken for skunks.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    looks nice to me, heres last weekend out on the lake

011-8.jpg

first sign of spring for me will be when i see the old toilet appear from the snow on the deck :laugh: i cant wait :ermm: its coming soon, then we get the mud :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    the pic almost wants me to put the trap under my cherry tree now, its skunk mating season right now though :ermm: dont want that in my trap. we just get the greys and little reds, occasionally the flying squirrels, the greys will wipe out my tree in a weekend if i dont protect it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • As Randi says "Squirrels are just rats with fuzzy tails"

Doug
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    May be, but they eat pretty good.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    puffer fish? cool.

now let me ask a stupid question... :ermm: was that lure bit three times or is that the shape of its mouth?!?!

(really. i'm asking :blush: )
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Jeff we have no idea! the puffers we have caught are small and I can not imagine them doing that! the head was bit too and it even scared the metal inside it that acts as a weight. I thought sand shark at first but they can not bite like that. dad said it was a hard hit and before he could pull up it was gone. he cast it back out and it hit again within seconds and he pulled up and had it for about 3 seconds and then gone. he thought the second time it was a snag cause it would not move. headed back there this afternoon and see if we can ruin another one LOL
    tough work but someone....... :whistle:
    just googled puffers and it seams they have 2 top and 2 bottom teeth to crush shells. hmmmm..... learn something every day
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Doug I am sorry for my remarks when I had snow that lasted for a little over 6 hours.
    I am sorry.
    I am sorry.
    I am sorry.
    I am sorry.
    I am sorry.
    I am sorry.
    I am sorry.
    I am sorry.
    I am sorry.
    It will be 82 today :ohmy:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• elzbth
    I would not make it in your neck of the woods. We rarely see snow here - at what point do you just give in and say "sooner or later it will melt".
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Hi All

A friend of over forty years was in town last week to do some nature photography with me for a day. We had great weather so spent the day wandering Sanibel. I only took a few photos, I was trying to help her get the shots. I live here where she only gets here briefly once a year. It's always fun to see old best friends. :)

A Laughing Gull in winter plumage.
    DSC_7078A_640.jpg

A Willet
    DSC_7058A_640.jpg

Willet on the wing.
    DSC_7066A_640.jpg

DSC_7067A_640.jpg

DSC_7069A_640.jpg

Cormorant, what a wild eye color! . . . but normal.
    DSC_7028A_640.jpg

DSC_7029A_640.jpg

Two cameras in hand, enjoying the nice warm weather and concentrating on that next great shot.
    DSC_7075A_640.jpg

Have a great week All,

Blair

• elzbth
    That's one determined bird! We haven't seen many cardinals in the last few years....the nasty squirrels tore up the feeders! :lol:
  • elzbth
    Great shots of the cormorant! :)
  • elzbth
    We've had some very destructive squirrels around in the past - they've chewed up bird feeders, eaten a hole in our shed door, and chewed through soffet (sp?). This one will be history if my neighbor's son gets a clear shot at him! :woohoo:
  • elzbth
    You gotta do what you gotta do....my feeling is "it's them or me, so it's gonna be them". :lol:
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Nice nature shots and especially love the perspective, movement and reflection of the cormorant shot third from bottom.

john
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Now I get the picture Doug, Keep warm!!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Blair, So glad you enjoyed your time with a great friend!! Did you cook for her? :whistle:
    Terrific shot's buddy!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Looks like dinner to me... :blush::whistle: