Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Italian Fattie on Mini

TweetyTweety Posts: 455
edited 11:23AM in EggHead Forum
Tonight we grilled an Italian Fattie on the Mini. Started with sweet italian sausage, added garlic & onion powder, italian herbs. Pressed into a rectangle, smothered with marinara, sprinkled with mozarella then rolled up and seams pressed together. Cooked direct at 300.

8ff2bff5.jpg

Oh yes, that's mozarella oozing out of the middle...
5296b76a.jpg

Grilled a baguette drizzled with olive oil. Added the fattie, sliced and devoured!
adde0d16.jpg
·

Comments

• Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Oooh....had to eat out tonite, and I wish I had stayed home and made this! I still haven't made a fatty after being an egger for 3 years. Looks incredible.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Good job on the fattie missie. :whistle:
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Tweety, you are amazing. How do you come up with all your cool stuff? I'm glad you live around my area so I get a chance to taste your wares. :) Now, if we can only convince Zippylip to move to Texas...
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,493
    Okay, that's it! A "must do" in Salado. You have my mouth watering :laugh:
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

That looks and sounds amazing!

Thanks for sharing,

Blair

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,420
    Ok that is a keeper and please bring to Salado :cheer:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • TweetyTweety Posts: 455
    It was my first time, and I couldn't believe how easy it was. Go for it!
    ·
    Thank you very much.
    ·
    How sweet, thanks Steve! I just try to think of what I like to eat and find a way to adapt it to the egg.

Hope you're bringing your drumsticks to Salado! I didn't get any in Plano, they were gone too fast. :(
    ·
    Then I shall add it to the menu!

Can't wait to see you...it's only a couple of weeks!
    ·
    Thanks! Give it a try, it's really easy.
    ·
    Will do, will do.

Will we be cooking Friday night. I know we're having a "pre" party, but didn't know if we were going out or cooking.
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Nothing wrong with that...as a matter af fact it looks perfect. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • TnVolKenTnVolKen Posts: 198
    does fattie and mini go together? Great looking Fattie
    ·