Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Italian Fattie on Mini

TweetyTweety Posts: 455
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight we grilled an Italian Fattie on the Mini. Started with sweet italian sausage, added garlic & onion powder, italian herbs. Pressed into a rectangle, smothered with marinara, sprinkled with mozarella then rolled up and seams pressed together. Cooked direct at 300.

8ff2bff5.jpg

Oh yes, that's mozarella oozing out of the middle...
5296b76a.jpg

Grilled a baguette drizzled with olive oil. Added the fattie, sliced and devoured!
adde0d16.jpg
·

Comments

• Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Oooh....had to eat out tonite, and I wish I had stayed home and made this! I still haven't made a fatty after being an egger for 3 years. Looks incredible.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Good job on the fattie missie. :whistle:
    ·
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,837
    Tweety, you are amazing. How do you come up with all your cool stuff? I'm glad you live around my area so I get a chance to taste your wares. :) Now, if we can only convince Zippylip to move to Texas...
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,475
    Okay, that's it! A "must do" in Salado. You have my mouth watering :laugh:
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

That looks and sounds amazing!

Thanks for sharing,

Blair

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,821
    Ok that is a keeper and please bring to Salado :cheer:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • TweetyTweety Posts: 455
    It was my first time, and I couldn't believe how easy it was. Go for it!
    ·
    Thank you very much.
    ·
    How sweet, thanks Steve! I just try to think of what I like to eat and find a way to adapt it to the egg.

Hope you're bringing your drumsticks to Salado! I didn't get any in Plano, they were gone too fast. :(
    ·
    Then I shall add it to the menu!

Can't wait to see you...it's only a couple of weeks!
    ·
    Thanks! Give it a try, it's really easy.
    ·
    Will do, will do.

Will we be cooking Friday night. I know we're having a "pre" party, but didn't know if we were going out or cooking.
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Nothing wrong with that...as a matter af fact it looks perfect. ;)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • TnVolKenTnVolKen Posts: 198
    does fattie and mini go together? Great looking Fattie
    ·