Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

For Beginner Eggers

boston_stokerboston_stoker Posts: 794
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
<br>
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Looks like the ONLY thing you forgot is: where to buy that second egg :whistle:
    Nice list and posting....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Bear 007Bear 007 Posts: 343
    Awesome list thanks allot
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
     Wow! Great list, that will take a while to eggsplore.

Thanks, I have it bookmarked.

Blair

·
  • swgriggsswgriggs Posts: 7
    Thanks for that, as new Egger (in merry old England) I'm often on the look-out for guidance here on the forum, so it's really good to have so much useful info in one spot.
    ·
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    I like seeing this pop up every now and again...

might be worth having it posted as sticky? Or that Quick Links section on the top left (I've never noticed that before.. has it always been there?)
    context is important :)
    ·
  • BBQThomBBQThom Posts: 33
    Thank You Well done
    ·
  • jaymag_87jaymag_87 Posts: 108
    Thanks, Boston. :pinch:

Now there is NO way I get any work done today. LOL :lol:
    ·
  • reader40reader40 Posts: 69
    great post! i bought my egg about a month ago if i remember and it is just unreal and the help provided on this site is second to none.

Thanks for the links!
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Awsome!!!
    Thanks for the great post

Shane
    ·
  • Thanks Richard Fl for the additional wok cooking links. I edited the post and added them to the list above.
    ·
  • kirstenlkirstenl Posts: 29
    Thanks. My BGE was delivered last friday. I've cooked on it 3 times -- marinated steak tips, bbq chicken and meatloaf. All super yum.

The plate setter really helps and is worth the 50$?

Kirsten
    ·
  • It doubles the methods you have at you disposal for cooking, such as bread making, but an adjustable rig (which is a fair bit more the $50) will open up cooking techniques 10 fold. With the rig (including a pizza stone) you don't need a platesetter.

Doug
    ·
    What is an adjustable rig?
    ·
  • Check out the link above for the ceramic grill store to get your answer.
    ·
    I have a medium egg due to the size of my budget, family and apartment living, which limits some of my accessory possibilities. Sniff. The good news is that the offerings at ceramic grill seem very competitive and maybe even more versatile for even a medium.

Kirsten
    ·
    What is an adjustable rig?
    ·
  • Oh yea! I got that bookmarked. :)
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Great post Boston_Stoker,
    Even though I'm not real new I will also benefit from you source of links.

My Thanks,
    Bordello

Being as I can't remember anything :laugh: I guess that makes me so Old I'm a newbie.
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Yup, I agree!! For me one of the best value accessories I have ever bought for the egg. I wouldn't be without an Adjustable Rig and Spider.

GG
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Here is the link. Look in the upper left hand corner to navigate to the accessories (Equipment).

This store is owned by member tjv. Tom provides top quality products. I love the AR and Spider.

http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/ceramicgrillstore/

GG
    ·
  • davehempdavehemp Posts: 109
    Awesome - started cooking on my egg 5 months ago...this is a great resource.
    ·
  • Thanks!
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,839
    Permit me to add another bit of advice. My handy dandy discussion of how to navigate this board!
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1000581&catid=1
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • PrimePrime Posts: 52
    Thanks for posting this! Great info!
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    even as an old egger that is a useful post! thank you for the time put into it :)
    ·