Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many pounds have you gained since you got your Big Green Egg ???

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just curious, I've had my egg for about year now and I've gone from 200 to 220 which is 20 pounds. As much as I like to cook and eat food on the egg I do believe I'm gonna have to start excercising a little bit inbetween cooks to slow this belly and fatback growth down. Peace.

Comments

• FatBack,[p]I have had mine for a month and am holding steady at 195lbs. Fortunately, we do alot of chicken. But if I could do Elder Wards every week, I'd pack on 20 in no time!

• Wino
    Wino Posts: 69
    FatBack,
    First year put on 20 lbs. Last six months took 50 lbs off for a net of -30 lbs. You do not have to eat like crap with the egg. The egg works well for dieting. I am going to treat myself to some ribs for the game. First ribs in six months!
    Wino

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    FatBack,
    I didn't gain any weight over 6 years of egging, but since we got that new Kitchenaid mixer a couple months ago, I have sure added a few pounds!
    Peace back atchya.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Wino, First ribs in 6 months ??? I believe I would really just drop over dead if I didn't have ribs at least once a month. Congrats to you on your willpower and weight loss !!!

• Wino
    FatBack,
    No ribs for six months has really sucked. But the wife likes the new frame and gives it quite a work out. Some things are worth sacrificing for. Besides when I told her I was doing ribs, she got a big wicked smile. It is going to be a good day...I Mean game. ;)
    Wino

• Nature Boy,
    you make that pound cake yet??

• Wino,[p]Wow...man you...are..on track and have it figured out perfectly...keep up the trend and you won't be sorry. How do you cook your ribs?

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    FatBack,
    Over a year of egg BBQ and I lost some weight. Eating more meat has not change my 175lbs much. I want to gain weight as I'm a little skinny at 6'2".

• Wino
    Chet,
    I rubbed them today and wrapped in plastic for an overnight in the fridge. Then I use GFW’s 3-1-1.5 at 250. Will go on around 12:30 and will be ready in time for the game.
    Wino

• FatBack,
    I've had my Egg since Christmas and I went from 190 to 200 in a flash. So, I started exercising last week. So far, no change. 200 and eating really well.[p]I've got a big rack of ribs on right now and a Pumpkin Crisp is goin on a little later. That probably won't help matters.[p]Brad

• FatBack,
    Try the South Beach diet, you can eat just about everything except the breads (pizza). I have lost 30 pounds in the last year and it works. The first 2 weeks are ROUGH, but the diet gets better as time goes on. Red wine is ok. Cheese is ok, and you'll enjoy the smoked meat in your BGE.

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    FatBack,[p]I have had the Egg for several years and have lost 30 pounds over the same period of time, and my cholesterol has dropped from 207 to 180. We Egg three or four times a week. [p]What's the catch? Here it is: we eat mostly chicken, salmon, lean beef, and lean cuts of pork, and we get a lot of exercise. I love ribs, but we only have them every few months or so. And I have never done a pork butt -- too much fat marbled in it. That's why it tastes so good.[p]The good news is that the Egg can make all this low fat garbage taste really good. Chicken breast is moist and tender, for example.[p]I draw the line at smoked tofu, though. Forget it. Life is too short.[p]
  • Charbon
    Charbon Posts: 222
    FatBack,
    Put me down for 25 lbs in 2 years. Nice tire around waist, I suspect due to brews washing down all egg food. Gone on to vino but I have stabilized at tub state. Very hard to find correct balance between intake and exercise needed to put more meat onto grill.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    FatBack,
    Not I, still holding at about 114. It's tough to keep up with you Big Guys. LOL[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• FatBack,
    I went up 20, didn't like it so I went on Atkins. I am now down 70 from my max,for a net of -50.
    I'm doing wings for the game.

• FatBack,
    I'm the same fat-ass I was when I got it....270 then, 270 now.....[p]See ya at the Daytona party.....We'll put on a few pounds then...

• FatBack,
    Lost 10 lbs. in a year. Do ribs every 2 to 3 weeks. I've come to hate the feeling of over eating. Nice to be done with diner and be comfortable. Exercise also helps.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    FatBack,[p]I'm surprised to see that not many folks have gained (or at least are admitting to it). So, I'll be brave and maybe the honesty of a mere woman will generate a few more responses to you, since I've GOTTA believe that there are far more out there who have gained than not...![p]When I got my egg a few years ago, I had just become a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and had reached a low of 128 lbs. Over the next 3 years, I gained 50 lbs, to an all-time high of 178 lbs. Not good at all![p]I got back on the wagon in June '04 and am now back down to 130 lbs. I eat food from my eggs every weekend, but the biggest difference now is 1) the incorporation of more fruits and veggies into my daily intake, 2) the incorporation of exercise every day, 3) learning what portion sizes REALLY are, 4) avoiding empty calories and 5) moderation of the things I eat and drink.[p]Tonia
    :~)