Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got to be easier way to stuff pork.

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got to be easier way to stuff pork.
Made a finger size hole and then wallowed out the inside to make a pocket with the knife.
Mixed goat cheese and cream cheese with chopped sweet jalapeños and a little John Henry and Butt Rub for the stuffing.
Rubbed the outside with the John Henry Pecan and Butt Rub.
Did the low and fast for 90 seconds per side (65 seconds may have been better).
photo-2.jpg
photo-3.jpg
photo-4.jpg
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Looks great. Try a piping bag or a ziploc with the corner cut for a small piping bag. Works great for ABT's also whether cut length wise or the top cut off.
  • Mickey
    Richaed I thought of that but it has to force into hole.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Mickey, Richard had good advise. Looks to saucy. The final shot looks great.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mickey
    Molly and Richard what I learned is the part with the stuffing was not any better than the part w/o. Also the extra stuffing I used as dip for the pork while eating and was outstanding.
    Next time just keep the combo John Henrys and Butt Rub on the outside and fix the stuffing as a dip for the pork.
    Less trouble and better taste to me...

• Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Mickey, have you tried freezing what you are going to stuff into something. I stuff a lot of pork loins with Boudain and the easiest way I found is to freeze the Boudain, then remove the casing. Then using a long slender knife carefully make a hole the length of the loin. Insert frozen Boudain and you are ready to cook. Don’t know how it would work with liquids and chops but is worth a try.
    Looking forward to Salado in a couple of weeks. See you there.
    Zefrin
    Willis Tx.
  • Mickey
    Ok got to try the Boudain stuffed loin.
    Ready for Salado.....

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Hey Mickey, You had some great chops there. I never stuffed one. Yours look tasty. :P

I grilled some cheap steaks yesterday then fed them to the neighbors dog. They were as tough as whitleather. :blink:

http://www.word-detective.com/2010/04/19/whitleather-tough-as/
  • I just butterfly them, stuff them, and then toothpick it back shut or use butcher twine if I have it.
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Shape the stuffing into a long tube the length of your roast using plastic wrap.
    Then freeze it. Cut a slit in the roast and carefully slide the filling into the roast. You can do half at a time. I just saw that done on Anne Burrell's Secrets of a Restaurant Chef.