Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:
My old man and I modified the BGE table specs slightly. We extended the table top by an inch and a half. We found we had plenty of spare room under the BGE cover to extend it as such. We also recessed the paving stone in the second shelf so it is flush with the shelf itself. All edges routed and sanded. The table top has a total of 18 biscuit joints and the casters are three inches each. One coat of stain, two of urethane and there we have it! If anyone wants to plans we used, I can probably email you a PDF.
Here goes my first attempt at uploading pics, so hopefully it works.