Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For IT Guys - Blog Views Stats

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I have a number of blogs running for various purposes, but the one I'm currently monitoring the closest is the one for the Salado Egghead Gathering. I posted it last September and the only real mention of it was on the Big Green Egg Forum.

Since then it has passed 7,000 views from 18 countries and keeps growing daily.

I'm not bragging as much as I'm just totally fascinated by how many people were curious enough to take a look.

But I've also been watching the stats on such things as which operating system and browser that were being used by the curious. Here's today's stats:

BlogStatson3-2-11.jpg

I've noticed a sharp increase in the use of Macs, iPads and iPhones during those months, as well as an increase in the use of Safari, Firefox and Chrome browsers.

I'm sure experienced IT people already know this but I found it to be interesting.

Spring "There's More Than One Horse In The IT Race" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Hi SC
    Thanks for sharing, very interesting. What site do you use to monitor web traffic? Would be interested in trying that on a few of my sites.

Thanks
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I just use the stats that come with blogspot.com. It's free.

I can add the counter to any of my blogs but the only one I'm using with the counter is the Salado Gathering blog. I didn't add it until the blog had been up and running a few days but it was apparently counting the hits all along and displayed them in the counter.

The stats are really cool too because they show a world map and the countries in Green reflect where the majority of the views come from. Thirty or forty views won't show at all. But they do list the countries where the hits come from.

I just thought it was interesting that they include browser and operating system info too.

I'm sure there are stats programs that will tell you all of that plus zip code and pet's name. I'm happy as punch that my little blog was viewed by so many people.

Spring "Now I Know I'm Not Alone" Chicken
  • EggerFromIowa
    Options
    That is interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing. I wonder how Droid (Android OS) users show up in the stats?
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I find that very interesting Leroy. :)
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    EggerFromIowa wrote:
    That is interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing. I wonder how Droid (Android OS) users show up in the stats?

probably "Other Linux"

Interesting Stat breakdown.. I wonder how much of it is cross referenced or if any of it is duplicated.(i.e. exists in one category and another.

I think it also shows the stronghold the MS still has in the pc market.
    context is important :)