Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

White Lie

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,025
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My buddy sent a text this afternoon and wants to meet up for happy hour tomorrow. Well this text triggered my memory for some reason or another about my friends quote. My buddy bought a house early last year and invited us over for beer and burgers. After a few beers my buddy walks over and pulls off the cover to his new shiny gas grill. Pretty sure he waited to pull the cover off when everyone was looking. I mentioned something like, "nice looking grill you have". Then he dropped the bomb: "It was on sale for a $150 and wasn't going to pay anymore for one. People are just stupid when they buy a expensive grill. They are all the same anyway." What? Are you serious? You didn't just say that did you? Just had to bite my lip and not bash him about his grill. Funny how he didn't know I bought the egg a few weeks prior. Not the one to show off or brag about something, but all the same? I don't think so. Only to realize I just lied and said he had a nice looking grill. Going to invite him over this summer when we are all moved in our house and have the grill do the talking!
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Great Idea!! I see minne and paul as your pic, where you from
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    That's the ticket. B)
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Just south of Minneapolis. You from Minnesota? Just got wind that Appliance Sales and Service is having a 1st annual Big Green Egg competition and sale in May.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    have him over 3 hours into a 5 hour rib cook... then show him how much lump is left when you are done.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• WeberWho
    Options
    Exactly. Ribs might just be the ticket. I like it!

Minnesota
  • MemphisQue
    MemphisQue Posts: 610
    Options
    Just let him watch a good cook on your egg and then taste the difference. He'll sing a different tune.
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    orignaly from MN, up by Alexandria, but live in fargo now, might have to come down and enter the comp.. :)
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Im an idiot. It says North Dakota right under your post. I belive I have a few distant relatives in Gleenwood. Alexandria is always the pit stop for us for Wefest every year. Anyways, in Little Canada (Outside of St. Paul) has an Eggfest every fall. That's Minnesota's main eggfest. Don't have much details other than the few sentences about the 1st annual competition and sale at Appliance Sales and Service on their website. Might be a nice trip down to the cities.

Minnesota
  • GW
    GW Posts: 98
    Options
    Someone told me Frozen/Ice fest was the main event in MN. Not sure who that was :) People fly in from all over. Sometimes even Canada!