Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 HIP - HIP - HOORAY\'S!!

Options
BigA
BigA Posts: 1,157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For Stike-
Come on people -
It was a JOKE!!! I havent been here that long and have kept my mouth shut for sometime about the BS that has been on here and yes i am sure most of the elders think i am part of it and so be it (i dont care if a person has been on her a day or 10yrs, if they can cook they can cook)!! Thats life and what is life with out change?? Stike is a funny man. And everyone on this site may or may not like what stike has to say or what i have to say or even what WessB has to say, usually he is getting mad at people for not useing the search function :laugh: :laugh: not bashing you just stating what i see, but he has helped me with a lot of cooks. And if you dont like what a person has to say then dont read the post, you dont ahve to reply to the post saying crap against it!! And for you people out there that have no humor, please try to find some. There is no better theropy than laughter, and damn it, STIKE IS FUNNY!! I laughed my ass off at that clip. I even laughed my ass off about WessB post cuz it was crazy!!

look at this spoof from the bunker - it is about UND VS NDSU!! IT is great, and no one was mad about it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyn8IRFup4Y&playnext=1&list=PL802A28C160B6892B

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Websters definition of parody:

 /ˈpærədi/ Show Spelled
    [par-uh-dee] Show IPA
    noun, plural -dies, verb, -died, -dy·ing.
    –noun
    1. a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing or historical event.

IMHO it was very funny stuff.... ;):)B)

Thanks Jeff....
  • Chief Chef
    Chief Chef Posts: 199
    Options
    If only the forum could assist with grammar and spelling!

DISCLAIMER
    BTW - This post is just a JOKE. I agree that the reader has the option and should use it as needed.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i agree with you too. ...that video was from a very serious and probably one of the best war movies ever made (if you haven't seen the actual entire movie 'downfall', you should, its excellent)...

that clip though has probably been used in more parodies than any that i can think of ....Youtube is full of them....and it seems like the majority have to do with hockey for some reason. ...must be something about us puckhead's sense of humor i guess...

this one is still my favorite of all time, cause after all, we do ALL hate cindy crosby, even hitler!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y7I0RY8CHE

i thought stike's was as creative as any i have seen though and was hysterical....
  • Weekend Warrior
    Options
    Agreed. The video was hilarious and I'm sorry for those that couldn't see the humor in it.

and Max, Twice in two days? Sheesh. :pinch:
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    I thought it was funny..I actually had to pause it because I was laughing so hard. others didn't. The reasons don't matter.

we don't all share the same brand of humor.

people shouldn't be called out because of it.

I will say that people need to chill and take a more level headed approach to things.
    context is important :)
  • BigA
    Options
    i know i cant spell and i need help with my grammmmmmer, but i dont care, i am not an english teacher :laugh: :laugh:
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Options
    For you hockey guys you should watch the video called "Life in the Beer League" on youtube. If you still play and are old you will laugh. It's actually quite accurate. :laugh:
  • BigA
    Options
    I hadn't seen that one before, it was funny!! :laugh: :laugh: They should make one about my beloved Vikings and Brett Favre!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    oh, but there is...at least a couple...here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OZEgJaMQKw
  • Buckethead
    Buckethead Posts: 285
    Options
    I too believe that this was just whole lot of fun. Very creative and he shared with all of us to enjoy for entertaiment. (Only if he had a book to plug, oooppps) Punk'n carving to film producing he is talented. I am wondering about this affinity for rotten meat.
    Doug
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    hey, who's counting??!! LOL
  • BigA
    Options
    LMAO!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: That was good, but yet very true!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Now THAT is funny!!!!!!! That meat thing...ewwwwwwwww.
    Judy in San Diego
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    it's 4:30, and i said to myself... "i'm tired of all this foolishness about the clip... let's see what people are cooking"

i opened this thread and saw your paragraph and thought "oh man... here we go again...." hahaha

seriously, though. i didn't try to start a giant debate, and if it came to that, i never would have expected three separate posts about it. :ermm: :laugh:

thanks for the sentiment...
    i am officially sorry for raising anyone's hackles, but i think better than 95% of the official (made-public) reaction (posted here or via email) took it the way it was intended.

i mentioned to one person that if he wanted, he should mail me directly and we could discuss it, because i had obviously sent him over the edge with past and present transgressions. was sad that he hadn't had the courage to tell me before, but that can't be helped. you don't train a dog by hitting him with a newspaper, and even if you are still inclined to do it that way, you certainly don't wait three months to do it.

anyway... thanks for the statement of moral support. it took me by surprise. i was looking forward to this being a thread about food. :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BigA
    Options
    Well you know that you have helped me a ton on all of my posts and food!! Give me something new to try and I will cook it up and give you 4 Hip Hip Hooray's :laugh: :laugh: plus i am scared to post food pics :huh: :huh: :blink: Usually get told i am doin it wrong :laugh: :laugh: j/k, next time stike but get me somethin new to try :)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Now I find that totally offensive! You should be banned from the forum. B) Didn't Cindy score an important goal a year or so ago? B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    Options
    make a mini beef wellington, and don't stress over it. takes a while, but it's fantastic.

take these tenderloin ...
    seared_filets.jpg

and wrap in puff pastry topped with a little mushroom/onion/shallot (cooked til nearly dry) which has been mixed with pate'

sounds fancy schmancy but it's really steak and mushrooms.
    roasted_wellington.jpg

plated_wellington.jpg

serve with some grilled romaine
    romaine_prep.jpg

there. now get to it :laugh:
  • BigA
    Options
    will do!!!! i will omit the shrooms cuz they dont mesh with my mouth!! but i will try it, you make your own pastry!
  • stike
    Options
    oh man the only reason to do it is the shrooms.

try wild ones... add somewine maybe and cook them down almost dry so that they don't make the bottom of the pastry soggy.

gotta love shrooms... :laugh:
  • BigA
    Options
    If it is for the shrooms :pinch: :S , you better throw me a new cook to do, cuz there is no over the lips through the gums look out stomach here she comes ---on shrooms. :laugh: :laugh: what else ya got for me buddy.