Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Der Untergang (The Downfall, Eggfest 2012)

Comments

• davehemp
    davehemp Posts: 109
    It was a by God FUNNY VIDEO!!! I saw it laaaate last night and laughed out loud...We night owls reading the Forum at 3:00 in the morning obviously need all the intellectual stimulation we can get. :blink: Thanks for the giggles - I know my wife is going to be tickled when I play it for her after she comes home later - she knows better than anyone how much I enjoy my egging and reading about egging by others - part of what makes this funny is that there are other nuts just like me out there(in here) :lol: I think someone just had a bee up their butt about a S.P. comment you apparently made over a month ago - it didn't really seem to have anything to do with Hitler sensitivity... As for myself, I don't think you can ever run out of reasons to feel contempt for the narcissistic ninny of the north.
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    i can't watch the video from work, but if it's bagging on sarah palin, i'm sure i'd love it. what an empty set of clothing she is.

and if you (whomever) are going to hate me for saying that, you'd probably hate me anyway.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    hmmmm. i did reply offline.

damn.
    will resend. can't remember if it was iPhoneormy PC, but it's there somewhere.
    J
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    no, jason. it's not about sarah palin at all, which is why the comment was so utterly out of left field. like, i wonder if the dude is getting enough niacin in his diet and maybe his synapses aren't firing properly. :laugh:
  • EgginTiger
    EgginTiger Posts: 101
    Even though I don't know any of the people mentioned in the video I did find it well done and extremely funny, funny enough to where I've watched it numerous times. Seems to me that Stike makes more fun of himself than he does anyone else.

I found it funny, if we can't laugh at ourselves than who can we laugh at
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Well, who's going to wear the lederhosen this year then?
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    stike wrote:
    no, jason. it's not about sarah palin at all, which is why the comment was so utterly out of left field. like, i wonder if the dude is getting enough niacin in his diet and maybe his synapses aren't firing properly. :laugh:

well, that's too bad. she deserves every good bagging she can get imo.

cheers.
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Hell no... The woman at 3:18 was bang on.... ;)

Actually Stike, I thought it was pretty humerous. Kudos!
  • Bravo, sir. Getting odd looks around the office, with my shoulders shaking and tears in my eyes. Told 'em someone sent me a clip from "Full House".
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    How is it that someone that couldn’t cook his way out of a wet paper bag if his life depended on it produce a masterpiece like this and carve a pumpkin of the same caliber? You sicken me, as always
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • hey zip, you mean all that raw food he passes off as charcuterie is really just bad cooking???

who-da-thunk-it?? :blink:

he is a pretty damn good artist though...
  • stike
    i need to have you over for some steak. got a piece with your name on it.

:laugh:
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Priceless.

But I though the producers of "Downfall" had Youtube pull all of these on a copyright claim?
  • stike
    you get that email max? sent at 10:45 and again latr on when you said you didn't get it the first time
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    That has already been answered, which you would know if you had read every single thread down to the very deepest depths, :laugh:

I think Stike said the owner of the copyright said it was OK (to make a long story short).
    The Naked Whiz
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    I just spent way too much time reading this whole thread. I should have just stopped after watching the vid and said thanks for making me laugh.

I never realized just how many agendas there are around here. :(

Keep'em coming stike; it's good entertainment!
    fc :)
  • stike
    no. well, originally they did. but the director (according to wikipedia, and i hate to admit to using wikipedia as my source!) spoke favorably about them (the spoofs), and i guess the production company has been convinced it's not only god for the movie promotion, but that it falls under fair use (parody). they no longer are actively taking them down.

thanks, by the way. half the story line came simply from a desperate attempt to match the phonemes. hahaha

hitler saying "Me Likes the Stike" is nothing to be proud of, but it sure fit the sound :laugh:
  • Jeffersonian
    I'm going as fast as I can!! :woohoo:
  • Jeffersonian
    I'm not up on my Fuehrer flick copyright catfights. I'm slippin'.

Sorry to wet-blanket the fun. Back to the Hitler-mocking, stike-bashing revelry!
  • nope, my firewalls must be identifying you as the king of spammers or something!! ....its not even landing in my junk mail!!...
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    I damn near pissed my pants watching this. I have seen many variations by different people using this clip for their own personal amusement. I think it's very creative. B)
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Jeff,that is the funniest thing that I've seen in a long time.I couldn't stop laughing.After reading some of the responces,I guess that it's obvious,you just can't please everyone :ohmy: Keep up the great work,and please,keep posting!! :) Maybe we need an "elder forum" to please the oldtimers :lol:
  • Bulldog Mom
    Bulldog Mom Posts: 242
    Personal issues should be resolved via e-mail. 10+ pages of postings on two separate strings seems a little ridiculous. Webmaster - you should have stepped in long ago.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Thanks for the laughs! :lol:
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    stike, I was bemused to be included. A perverse sense of flattery on my part, for sure. :laugh:

I know what you must be going through, being confused with George Clooney all the time. I am sick and tired of being confused with Gisele Bundchen.

GiseleBundchen-1.jpg
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Rebecca,

That is awesome. You really should tone it down at the fests though. Summa these guys have bad hearts and such B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    Homina homina homina

Hahaha
    Thanks for the laugh.
    I thought I was the only one with photshop around here

Gisele and clooney. What a pair that'd be

You know, i would pronounce her name correctly. I bet she'd (You'd?) like that.

Hard 'G'. Ghee-za-lah.
    Like the kid in the sound of music :laugh:

Women love it when you pronounce their name correctly

Thanks again. Glad you were bemused and not be-angry!
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    What makes you think I photoshopped that pic? :whistle:
  • Stike you're evil. Just in the right way.
  • stike
    Hahahaha
    Touché