Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buddy - our Cat

Chef Charles
Chef Charles Posts: 871
edited November -1 in Off Topic
We knew the day was coming. Our faithful fury friend of more than 17 years finally lost his battle against chronic renal failure. The last few days have been quite difficult making our decision to have him put to sleep that much easier. It is still hard to accept that he is gone. Of course, he will forever be a cherished part of our memories.

017.JP

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

Comments

• Sorry for your loss. We have a couple fuzzy friends ourselves that are pushing 18 years old and it is on our mind of when the day will come to let them go. Hang some photos and remember the good times
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Sorry for your loss, Chef Charles. :(
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    My dad had two sister cats one was deaf. He also had a fixed tom cat. All three were so cool. The deaf cat would take off when the others did. Cats are something else. Maybe in time you will get another cat. :)
  • We still have one for the moment named Charlie -- he is 4 years old and he arrived a few months after the death of Buddy's brother. Chances are, we will get Charlie a new fury friend when the time is right.

Tom

Tom

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Tom, Sorry for your loss.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Thanks Molly

It has been a tough day

Tom

Tom

• Sorry for your loss,

I still remember my first pet who was a cat and the best cat I've owned out of five since. He got sick really fast, less than 24 hours from being a slow, old cat to being really sick.

I remember coming home during Summer break in college (both my parents worked night shifts at the time) and he could barely stand up but was still purring. Stayed up with him until 5am that morning just listening to him purr and giving him love.

Had to put him to sleep the next morning and neither myself or my stepfather were able to make that trip. Thank goodness my Mother took that bullet.

To this day I still remember that night but moreso all the fond memories of him while we had him.

Glad that you have another young 'un to keep you company.
  • Thanks ... both my wife and I were able to make the trip to the Vet. We could not actually watch but were told he went peacefully. It truly was time.

Tom

Tom

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Tom,

That is very sad.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Yep ... the better half had to stay home. Sooner or later, we will be getting another.

Tom

Tom

• jurisdoc
    jurisdoc Posts: 77
    Man, that looks just like my old cat Stinky! So sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are family to me, so I know how you feel.