Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To think this used to be a friendly place

Comments

• ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    i concur.... i thought i was the only one?.... phew! thanks!....rr
  • I pretty much stopped posting about 12 months back. I got sick of opening up one-word (or worse - single emoticon) posts and then when I whinged about it being told that you have to have thousands of posts to prove you 'contribute'. But what sort of contribution is that?
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Come on man, you mean to tell me this place was more sanitary than it is now at any point in its history, if it gets any closer to a pc oasis we’re gonna have to rename it Mr. Rodgers’ neighborhood.
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • JohnB
    JohnB Posts: 183
    I think what some people may not realize is that the clip you used has been viral for about 3 years. The first time I saw it was when aI Vikings fan used it when they first signed Favre. It had the classic subtitle, ":everyone who owns Helga Horns please leave the room." The next time was when early reviews of Avatar were coming in. That's the first time I saw the phrase "Dances with Thundercats". I thought the studio had forced YouTube to take down all the spoofs using that clip.
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Welcome to live Wess. I have been on this list for a while and things have changed a lot. Some for the good and some for the bad just like all lists. I haven't posted a cook in a while because we have been on a burn ban for a long time but I can't wait to cook some pizza.

As for us old codgers on the list just let the kids play.
  • rooster
    rooster Posts: 252
    Your the king of BALONEY.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Oh dear . . . . does this mean that I am living in a imaginary world with puppets in a medieval type kingdom and am going to have to start wearing sweaters every day? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Boy, I guess this place has changed! :laugh:

Blair

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    must have been a long time ago, i can only go back about 9 years, one of my first posts was a question on food safety, i got ganged up on and slammed for even asking the question. i remember members jumping ship and buying primos, others getting hounded and chased off for posting recipes others thought were impossible to do, times were really different then, wess must be going further back :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    I like "loney" and the forum...so shoot me.
  • Yeah, Dr BBQ is no angel. I have seen many old posts where he is unkind to say the least. I suggested to a friend in London that she attend a BBQ event for the public in England that he would be cooking at. She said he was so rude and made such a scene that she was embarrassed that she brought her friends to it.
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Hmmmm....
    After reading this thread, I now better understand why I've been frequenting another forum more in the last month or so.
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    How did I get in on this? But as long as I am I guess I'll defend myself.

If I remember right she kept interrupting me and all she really wanted was the free food. People like that have no comprehension of what is going on around them and they're just looking for an excuse to bash a guy like me. I guess it makes them feel, better about themselves.

BTW I heard you are a bad guy too.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • drbbq
    Yeah but you have to keep an eye over here for when they cheap shot you for no reason.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Fornia
    Or....you could actually contribute to the forum with tips/recipes/help in general.
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    To know him is to love him. Use this simple test when judging another individual; observe how at ease children are around them.

In every instance, I have seen how children are drawn to drbbq and love to be in his presence.

john
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    my point is you can't google rachel ray, giada, alton brown, or guy fieiri without finding an unlimited amount of people goofing on them.

if you are a bigger than life personality, and put yourself out there as a uniques creative person with an individual style, on television, and make that your profession, you need to accept that. and there is no way in hell that it dimisnishes any of their accomplishments. in fact, the more they talk about you, the better it is. "i don't care what yousay, at least spell my name right"

i haven't ever given the good dr. anything but credit for what he achieved (is achieving), but if i am required to genuflect and never make fun of him just because i own the same damn grill, i can't live by that rule. i'm pretty sure i came off looking worse in that clip than anyone else. and it should be noted that the whole frikkin point of the thing was that hitler was a raving lunatic, out of control, saying ridiculous stuff. his words cannot be taken seriously. me having an irrational raving madman say those things does not mean i believe them. i'm sorry people, that's not how it works.

at any rate, it is still less harsh than stuff that is on record, in the forum archives, from the supposedly "rosey days of yore" where everyone held hands and sang koobayah here.

and that is a fact. an unconvenient, but bare-faced fact.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    children don't buy barbecue grills :laugh:
    (kidding, people, relax!)
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Michael Jackson even built the children a play land but not sure that made him a good person.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Good Grief. We're not talking about Michael Jackson!
  • Fornia
    Photo Egg wrote:
    Michael Jackson even built the children a play land but not sure that made him a good person.

Cheers to that!
  • drbbq
    Thanks Woo but as you can see this is the kind of BS I have to put up with now. I'm no longer allowed to be normal. So like the real celebs I have to go away from forums like this and hide. It really sucks.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • drbbq
    Feel better now? You slayed the dragon.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • drbbq
    Honestly I got bored and quit watching before I was mentioned so my feathers aren't ruffled at all. My only comment is that a lot of people just don't find Hitler funny in any context.

I am a little ticked at the db who brings up some year old incident that he heard about though.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Fornia
    drbbq wrote:
    I am a little ticked at the db who brings up some year old incident that he heard about though.

Happens all the time to 'celebrities'....like Brett Favre or Big Ben.

I'd be more pissed if I was the one being called a DB.
  • i don't even like balogni, out of the package, grilled, smoked, or otherwise. ...

i did however think the video was brilliant....

oh well...it will be springtime soon...
  • stike
    it's been decided that the spoofs fell under "fair use (parody), and when the director of the film stated publicly that the film (and spoofs) are intended to tear down and make the man smaller, rather than treat him like some otherworldly demon, he assented to their continued use. they belittle.

any claims that "hitler is not funny in any context" denies more than 50 years' comic ridicule of the man, especially by those often most oppressed. humor and belittlement is one way we deal with these things.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya;
    Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
    Someone's cryin', Lord, kumbaya;
    Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
    Someone's singin', Lord, kumbaya;
    Oh, Lord, kumbaya.
    Oh, Lord, kumbaya . . . . .

Hey, what'd you guys all stop singing for? :huh:

Hey, where'd ya all go? :blink:

I'm the last to know anything . . . then again maybe it's better that way. ;)

"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present." Sound familiar . . . it's also from the movie Kung Fu Panda. :lol:

Have a great day all,

Blair

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Your right. No body was talking about Michael Jackson.
    I might have picked another person but Michael was well known and seems to pop into my mind when I think about children being duped.
    Just never been one to buy into "if children like a person they must be good". Children are called minors for a reason. They don't make rational choices and it's the parent’s job to watch them and keep them safe. If you can blow up a balloon or wear floppy shoes kids will like you. If you fart kids will laugh and think you’re funny. Working in the medical field I have documented so many child assault cases and it makes me sick. The most common words out of the parents mouth was how much the child liked and trusted the person who did the crime.
    Please don't think I was comparing Dr. BBQ to Michael Jackson. Just making a point on random judgment.
    It was not a shot at you or Dr. BBQ and I'm sorry.
    I don't want to be on your bad side or Dr. BBQ. We have had our words in the past and its history I hope.
    With respect to you,
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas