Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Der Untergang (The Downfall, Eggfest 2012)

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    thanks. starting to feel like maybe i am not as evil after all :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    you mean you don't hate me for using your name in a clip making fun of hitler?

damn, i was really trying to burn my bridge with you. :laugh:

i'm really not that crazy. just enjoy making people laugh.

always one guy way in the back who wants to beat you up in the parking lot after the show because you make a joke about something they took way to seriously

glad you weren't one of them :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    there used to be a pic of hitler in the break room with the caption "when i come back, NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY" the guys were implying dad was hitler :whistle:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Stike I am offended because my name wasn't mentioned once. NOT ONCE!! But then the Germans don't know me.

I don't pop in here as much as I used to so I just saw it. Great Video, I was laughing out loud. It was fun.

due to the negative reactions you got, I'm thinking there's folks that don't "get" your signature thingy either. I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that quote is meant to provide humor, rather than inspiration.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Well you will be hearing from my solicitors B)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    that quote is from jack handey, the saturday night live guy.

i don't know bob, really hope no one reads that as a mandate to attack alien planets. if they do, they have serious reading comprehension issues that need working on :laugh:

you know, i almost used your name instead oflittle steven's for the stalin reference. but theguy says only "Wie Stalin!", and i needed a name with an ST at the beginning and and "N" at the end. nothing more.

i promise, if i make a follow up spoof of the pearl harbor bombing scene from Tora! Tora! Tora!, or doctor an old newspapper article re: the sinking of the Maine, i will work you in somewhere as an extra.
  • stike
    it's been estimated that stalin killed more Russians than Hitler did. you'd think people would be mad at me for comparing you to him. honestly, it was the phonetic "Stalin/Steven" that made me use you.

As for the solictors, parody and spoofing have always fallen outside the libel laws.

unless you mean "hookers" when you say they solicit. if so, send them down! :laugh:
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
  • Little Steven
    I joke about myself all the time. I try not to take life too seriously. Seems to me a lot of folk would be well served to do the same. It was just shy of a masterpiece and I am proud to be mentioned. I want royalties when it takes off though.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    i think people would be shocked to hear what we say to each other on a daily basis. :laugh:

me telling zippy his pie pan chicken thing was horrible is nothing compared to some of those conversations we've had.

perhaps it isn't clear that instead of continually chiming in with "that's fantastic, looks great!" we have taken to berating each other and saying the opposite of what we think :laugh:
  • Little Steven
    I am often shocked by the things we say to each other on a daily basis :ohmy:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    it's not nice to joke about hitler.

i have two front-row tickets to the long-running, highly successful, very popular money making machine, the broadway show "The Producers" if anyone wants them.

winner must write an essay explaining how horrible it was of Mel Brooks and Co. to mock Adolf Hitler, and how impossible it is to find any humor whatsoever with him being part of the context.
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    That was too funny
    Very well done :laugh:

Shane
  • Shwiezzee
    Shwiezzee Posts: 304
    Little Steven wrote:
    I joke about myself all the time. I try not to take life too seriously. Seems to me a lot of folk would be well served to do the same. It was just shy of a masterpiece and I am proud to be mentioned. I want royalties when it takes off though.

Well Said!

That was funny! I showed the wife who is Jewish. She said "We will NOT be attending that Egg Fest because I would not feel comfortable". I laughed my ass off!

Well done Stike, funny start to the day.

Just my .02's
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • Shwiezzee
    Shwiezzee Posts: 304
    stike wrote:
    it's not nice to joke about hitler.

winner must write an essay explaining how horrible it was of Mel Brooks and Co. to mock Adolf Hitler, and how impossible it is to find any humor whatsoever with him being part of the context.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Please stop...... I got to get some work done! Mr. Brooks is a genius
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    I thought that was hilarious. I've seen a number of clips mocking different things with that Hitler clip before. That was right up there with them. I don't support the Nazis and many of my relatives were killed by them fighting for Queen and Country in the War. That said, I still thought it was clever and tastefully done. You mocked yourself and others in a fun way. Had you included me (not likely to happen as you don't know me) and called me a maple syrup eating, Tim Hortons loving loser who could only cook with back-bacon at an eggfest, I'd still laugh. Honestly I could see myself doing something funny like that, without spending 4 hours mind you. LOL. I don't have that kind of time.

I don't know "stike" and until just now I thought it was STRIKE, and any of the others mentioned personally, aside by name from the forum....and I have seen the Dr guy on TV as he gave a headup to folks on the forum about his show. That's it. It didn't come off mean to me. Just for a laugh.

As for people taking issue with something someone says. Why can't folks just PM them or email directly instead of airing it on the forum. That seems juvenile to me. Especially for things from months back. Personally I'm not the type to attack on a forum. Why bother? Life's too short. Granted if a guy hits me in a hockey game I will take their number and bide my time.... :angry:
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    That was funny stuff buddy!!

Senile is soon going to be your friend too.

You constantly amaze me with your talents. If you ever left the forum it would be dull, that's for sure.
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Hilarious! I didn't think one single thing was anything but a joke. Much of it directed at yourself. Without losing any sense of history I just don't get too worked up over anyone that's been dead 65+ years. Besides, how many thousands of times has that little mustache been put on everything from comedians, animals and even cartoons.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    LS I'm often shocked by the fact there are any people left at the end of each day! I think you and stike are twins separated at birth, he grew up tall and you? Well, I need you to sit in my garden for a few days this summer. ;)
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    I laughed my ass off STIKE!!! you da man!! the first time i saw that spoof was when the University of North Dakota was going to loose their Fighting Sioux Nickname. I laugh when ever i see it!! Thanks for the stress reliever!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Now that's funny!

And Jeff, that is a funny clip.

Kent
  • gtcharlie
    gtcharlie Posts: 65
    Somebody posts a video of a Gaddafi speech set to rap music and gets over a million views and this piece of art has been only exposed to 182 views. Simply no justice in the universe. Deserving of a much wider audience.
  • CBBQ
    I love the Gadhafi clips with the Charlie Sheen clips voiceover.
  • gtcharlie
    gtcharlie Posts: 65
    Who would have thought Charlie Sheen and Gaddafi being mentioned in the same sentence would make so much sense but I can't argue with it anymore.
  • CBBQ
    I also liked the suggestion that Sheen and Lindsay Lohan should hook-up. It'd make us wish for Brett Favre news.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Awesome! Absolutely Awesome!
  • am i the only one that picked up on the opening where it says

"Berlin, in a bunker somewhere deep below the Reichstag"....

anyone who even knows a little bit about history knows that hitler's bunker was below the chancellery building about 4 blocks away from the reichstag....geez...

(its now the site of the german holocaust memorial)....
  • stike
    you have it right....
    but no on will believe a fraud like you! :laugh:

thanks for weighing in (on and offline...)
    i appreciate it. was getting vilified for a good while.
    didn't anyone like the part where Shicklgruber says "Nobody likes him either, he can relate"?

ah well.
    if everyone thought it was funny, it wouldn't be funny. glad you liked it.

so. ah. does alaskanC ever ask about me on facebook?
    hahaha
  • i loved it!!...your creativity at its best...i was wondering if you were gonna respond to my email or here or not?...thought you were ignoring me!! :(

have you ever watched the entire movie?....like i said, its one of the best movies ever...

oh yeah, melissa pines away for you over on FB on a daily basis...pretty pathetic really...you almost wouldn't know she was married the way she carries on for you!!! i'll make sure she sees the video, so she will know you are secretly in love with her too!! :whistle: :blink: :ermm: :blush: