Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Sometimes it\'s the Simple Things (pic hvy)

SmokinFizxSmokinFizx Posts: 29
edited 11:01PM in EggHead Forum
I've had my BGE for almost a year now. I spent the winter on: baby backs, briskets, pork butts, cowboy chops, etc. As you would expect there haven't been many complaints from the family. However, on the way home from picking my daughter up from school yesterday, she asked "you do know how to cook a burger on that beast don't ya?".

So to satisfy the cravings of a 15y/o drama queen (who can eat me under the table and still only weighs 105lbs :angry: ):

Simple Beginnings

A Nice Start

Ahhh, Springtime in the Ozarks

We're Just About There

What's Not to Like

Mission Accomplished

• berrygoodberrygood Posts: 372
    A good story...
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    SmokinFizx, Great burger cook and I love the onion bun. :P Next time hold out for a back rub or neck message bet she will pay up for another burger like that. Nice post. :)
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,723
    I do believe that she's smiling and biting at the same time LOL

Cute too.

Spring "With Eggs, Smiles Tell It All" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Chief ChefChief Chef Posts: 199
    I agree. Since last September only cooked burgers twice- but each time they were fabulous. it will be nice once the warmer temps are here to stay.
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 879
    You are in the Ozarks? Work is moving me over to Rolla in a couple of weeks.

• fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 879
    I should say work is moving the family over there for 3 months (wife and two kiddos :).

• BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    Burgers are my number 1 go to meal on this thing. Everyone that eats an egged burger never goes back to the ordinary burger :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Great post
    I have a craving for a burger now :)

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Randy beautiful story, beautiful cook & beautiful girl. Congratulations
  • MO MuleMO Mule Posts: 79
    I just finished lunch, but now i am hungry again.
  • MemphisQueMemphisQue Posts: 610
    Nice nest. Love the Ozarks too. It's a well kept secret in the US which is probably a good thing.
  • :laugh:
    Your daughter will make some poor fellow an EGGcellent spouse :whistle: :evil: ;)
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    when it comes down to it.. you can't beat a good burger.
    context is important :)