Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are the must have EGGcessories?

Options
2»

Comments

• Ottersrylee
    Options
    Once again thanks to all who gave advice. The egg is currently preheated and waiting for is first cook, shish cobs. Man are the eggs heavy! I ended up purchasing a plate set, cast iron grill, ash and cleaning tools, fire wires, sittin chicken steamers, rib rack, and the bge cook book. The thermopen I will have to order. Has anyone used the BGE wireless digital thermometer? I am excited to be apart of the BGE family and once again thanks to all! :silly:
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I use the Maverick 732 and love being able to check my temps while I am inside the house.
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • BigGreenGregg
    Options
    Meat! ;) (sorry, couldn't believe that no one else said it, and couldn't help myself)
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    For me, in this order.... Ash Tool, Plate Setter, Cast Iron Grid.

And a Mini :-)

Enjoy your new Egg!
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    my platesetter is used in 50% of my cooks. I use my 2" fire ring for a raised grid about 50% of the time. Pizza stone. Basic utensils like tongs, long handle spatula, wood spoon and maybe a wok.

My money is spent on cookware...the more unique and more variety the more variety of cooks you can do.

A couple of decent knives.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Ottersrylee wrote:
    The thermopen I will have to order. Has anyone used the BGE wireless digital thermometer? I am excited to be apart of the BGE family and once again thanks to all! :silly:

mollyshark is a fine member of this forum and she buys thermapen's in bulk and sells them one at a time to other members at a reasonable discount then sends it to you and you will still receive the wonderful support from ThermoWorks. Simply start a new post with mollyshark in the subject line and put in the body that you are looking for a new splash proof instant read thermapen. Be sure to subscribe to the post and you will get an email when anyone responds to your post. We all support her as much as we can.

I suggest going with the Maverick ET-732 but, that's my bias opinion. :)