Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To think this used to be a friendly place

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mixed conversation about cooks..and family..and of course the BGE, all the fests and when we are gonna meet again...and all the countless and life long bonds formed...it's a sad state of affairs today....and I really hope I never hear the term "Loney" again...75% of the people using the term cant remotely be eating that sh!t...and I didn't have to edit a video to make my point..

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    It's not nice to gore other peoples oxen.
  • WessB
    Options
    LOL..I'll drink to that..
  • hornhonk
    Options
    I'm with you on that! :side:
  • WessB
    Options
    Seriously...it's at least half way not even funny some of the games that go on in here anymore...90% of the original eggers I know don't even show their faces anymore..and if you personally knew them you would understand what that says about the state of the forum anymore...
  • hornhonk
    Options
    Care to elaborate?
  • WessB
    Options
    Not publicly...I'm sure you know how to reach me..if not just ask..but it won't be tonight..
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Wess, I think that I probably resemble your comment.
    I can understand that back when the forum was born there was a different vibe. I believe that the vibe going on now is just as valued to old and, most definatly the new members. Evolution my friend and fellow eggers..
    I contribute in a positive manner, and also add to the posts that annoy you...haha..nothing personal to anyone.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • hornhonk
    Options
    Wess, at least Tweeve is gone. :silly: This is starting to feel like a Saturday night! :laugh:
  • WessB
    Options
    The..."entertainment" does add some interest to the forum..many say it has become an overly boring forum...bottom line for me "personally"..and only from my point of view the forum has gone in a negative direction for the last several years..inevitable for sure..but reality...if I don't hear from you tomorrow I will try to contact you..
  • hornhonk
    Options
  • WessB
    Options
    Agreed and understood..and you know we're good in the end
  • hornhonk
    Options
    Anytime. I'm retired too. Email is in my sig.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    You need the spicy Steve. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Yes I do.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • hornhonk
    Options
    I couldn't find a pic of the spicy :( I love spicy Italian sausage. :)
  • triehle98
    triehle98 Posts: 208
    Options
  • WessB
    Options
    Dude...don't put your phone # on this forum...we will talk tomorrow...would rather you have shared that privately
  • WessB
    Options
    you know I don't care what you think
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    I guess it would help to know where we all stand.
    If there is a list of people not welcome, it might be helpful to air it out so we can cut through the BS :laugh:

I will be first to put my head on the block. If ten elders (those who nomlonger post here) want me gone, for whatever reason, please reply to this post of mine with 'gone' in the subject

If that helps bring them back and get them posting, it would be good to know

All I know is I personally answer newbie questions, try to come up with original stuff, entertain, and help out. I am sorry if my "member since" date isn't as early as some would like it
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • hornhonk
    Options
    You are probably right. :blush:
  • hornhonk
    Options
    Stike, I think everyone here is an asset to the forum. Then again, I'm easily amused.
  • WessB
    Options
    edit it out and send me an e mail
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    stike wrote:
    All I know is I personally answer newbie questions, try to come up with original stuff, entertain, and help out. I am sorry if my "member since" date isn't as early as some would like it

I try to do the same Jeff but GEEEEZ! I thought you were one of the elders around here! :laugh:

I'm a noob compared to you.

Blair

• WessB
    Options
    Brother..you know as well as I do that was lame...those that have gone have gone for their own reasons...and it certainly isn't because of any "one" individual.....although Tweeve may have been the proverbial straw that broke the camels back for many..you run a fine line and I think tonight you tested values...some of us know your intentions more than others..but you left me questioning...as I said somewhere earlier..the games are getting hard to keep up with
  • hornhonk
    Options
    And I'm a BOOB compared to all of you. :side:
  • stike
    Options
    Nope

Thu keep saying all are welcome but every now and then they remind you they were here first :laugh:
  • stike
    Options
    I dont play games

I honestly have nonidea what you are referring to

You said my clip was 'bold' but didn't say anything else

And yet I'm burning bridges and testing stuff?

all those people who took it for what it was, a spoof and satire, and got a chuckle out of it, were they wrong?

Please tell me as I am obviously dense. What was the transgression? What did I do that was a bridge burning?
  • WessB
    Options
    Replied in another post...done typing..lets put this behind us..
  • stike
    Options
    Ok
    Yes

Let's put it behind us
    I'll just ignore my human nature and not be concerned that apparently I have done something horrible but no one will
    Tell me what it was
  • stike
    Options
    As for ruffling dr bbq's feathers, as I said, he's successful, and has proven in many ways to have earned his reputation as a pro ( not a fraud), but if it is a return to the friendly forum of yesteryear that you want, you'd do well to review some of his posts trashing people ( and BGE) left and right n

Your glasses are rose colored. Among other things

You'll need to exain why the elders can make fun of people but us newbies can't.