Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

electric lump starter

danothemanodanothemano Posts: 46
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Towards the end of 2010, I saw a post for an electric starter around $40 that had a 45 deg angled element. The element was a double loop with approximately a 45 deg bend. Can anyone give me the name of that unit and where to find it? Appreciate your help in advance.
·

Comments

• Jer_invaJer_inva Posts: 109
    I have a BGE electric starter (single 45 deg loop) which I've had very good success with, and the cost was less than $30. Jer
    ·
  • I have the same one and use it every time.
    ·
  • In all honesty, I have every gadet to start fire and if it is in your budget get a LOOFT lighter. Look it up on Youtube.
    ·
  • Bulldog MomBulldog Mom Posts: 242
    I would also suggest the Looft Lighter, it works great.
    ·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,037
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    I get a Kettle lighter with and angle bend at ACE for 20 bucks. Works perfect and lights in 5 mins. I would forget the LOOF lighter as it has a high failure rate and almost no support.
    ·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,037
    Good feedback. I don'thave the LOOF, just knew about it..
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 959
    But,,, I just love the sound of a weed burner!
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

·
  • But for 10 bucks the charcoal chimney is the best!
    ·