Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

prime rib- YUM!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey,
Anyone know how to make a great prime rib? I saw a picture of one here, Looked GREAT! Made my mouth water. Who's got a good recipe too? Just a link would be great. Any help appreciated!
THANKS
Woogie

[ul][li]Prime Rib Recipe[/ul]

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    7a551d14.jpg
    <p />Woogie,
    Here is one I did before Thanksgiving. It is a four ribber. You will find a lot of prime rib posts in the archives from just before Thanksgiving through X-Mas. There was also one from just a few days ago titled "Perfect Prime Rib" by Papa Q that is on my list to try. The rub & herbs sounds great.[p]You will see two different methods: 1. sear, cook at 300 to 350 rack temp, rest & serve. 2. Cook at 200 to 250 rack temp (lo-n-slo), sear, rest & serve. Most agree to pull around 120 internal for rare, around 125 for medium rare and around 130 for medium. Many wrap & rest in a prewarmed cooler for 45 min. or so.[p]Some only season with sea salt & cracked pepper, others use simple to complex rubs.[p]Dry aging or flavor injecting are also options.[p]Confused yet?

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Woogie,[p]I used the Alton Brown method, avialable on Food Network web sight. A great feed. Check the archieves, there are many different methods, but I bet if I tried everyone one I would like everyone. FF

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Woogie,
    here is the link to my prime rib recipe . .. there are lots of good ones out here. . .some sear first, then roast. ..some roast first, then sear. ..some just roast. ..its all good so long as you don't over cook it. . .rib roast is a very forgiving hunk of cow with great results. .. .

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxprimerib.htm[/ul]
  • mad max beyond eggdome,
    The site you posted is great. I checked it out and I'm going to have to do a prime rib soon. Yum.
    thanks alot!
    Woogie

• thirdeye,
    Looks great! Now, how long do you think I'll have to save up to buy one? LOL
    keep on egging!
    Woogie