Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cracked firebox

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have seen this on here before, but I dont remember what the outcome is. How well has BGE been with replacement fireboxes? I purchased it in Raleigh, and now live in Knoxville TN. There is a dealer here in Knoxville according to the website but I have not had a chance to aproach them yet. [p]Any experiences will be greatly apriciated.

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Jeff in TN,
    The first thing to know is it's not a big deal. Most of us have a cracked firebox; it does not affect your ability to cook. I've had my large almost 4 years and am on my 3rd firebox. My small has a crack in it...I just ignore it.[p]As for the warranty: BGE will replace your box at no charge but they will charge for shipping. Since there's a dealer close to you, go in and see what he'll do for you. Depending on the dealer, he may order one for you when he gets a regular shipment and not charge you for shipping.

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 75
    Options
    Shelby,
    I thought a few others had this problem. I have been cooking on it for 6 months or so. It is in 3 or 4 pieces now, and it doesnt seem to be as efficient as it was before. Could also be my imagination on that also.

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Jeff,
    I doubt the efficiency is effected at all. Mine has had a crack for, I think, two years. My dealer gave me one off the floor when I told him about it and when I asked if he wanted the cracked one he said, just keep cooking till it falls completely apart. Park the replacement in the shed till you need it, have a nice day.
    Don't worry the food tastes the same.

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Jeff in TN,
    Here's a link to my FAQ entry on the subject. BGE will replace it under warrantee and your dealer may be able to work with you on the shipping charge.[p]TNW

[ul][li]Cracked Fireboxes[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz