Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hurkey Jerked Jerky Underway

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A nice morning here in northern virginny. 'bout time, as it has been cloudy/wet for the past 5 days. Anyways, I have a pile of jerky on the smoker now. Chucked a whole bunch of stuff in the marinade, including a couple heaping tablespoons of walkerswood jerk sauce! Also in the mix are soy sauce, brown sugar, grains of paradise, pepper, ginger and five-spice powder. Should be an interesting combo.[p]Maybe I will call it Jerked Paradise Jerky!
Dome temp at 160 now with a tad of pecan smoke.[p]Great day to everyone.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Nature Boy,[p]What kind of meat are you using for the jerkey? I saw last weekend that Gfw has tried the brisket and it came out well. I can get brisket cheap and for as much as I like to make jerkey it should be a great alternative to some other more expensive cuts of meat. Your recipe sounds good, let us know how it turns out. I've been eggless since Monday, I had a bit of lump leftover from the low/slow marathon so I threw the last of it in and seared some pork loin steaks (loin cut into steaks) and when I was done I shut down the bottom vent but forgot to put the rain cap back on. I went out on Tuesday am to put the cover on it and it was still warm, burned the last of my lump clean up. Bummer. Havn't made it to the store yet but plan on it today at lunch to pickup a couple of bags.[p]Troy
  • sprinter,
    Using the sirloin tip I had left from the first batch!
    Brisket is too expensive out this way![p]Jerky has been going about 3.5 hours now. Just pulled apart pile. For lunch I heated up some of the jerked tenderloin I cooked last friday....seemed a lot spicier after reheating!! That walkerswood jerk has a definite kick!! Can't say CW didn't warn me.[p]This jerked jerky is gonna pack a punch!
    Doin some pork/beef/veggie HEEEE-bobs tonite.[p]Cheers
    NB