Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Installing A Stainless Vent - Pics

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
vent4.jpg
<p />If anyone is interested, I did a 4 picture webpage that shows how to install the stainless vent on the Egg. It's pretty easy actually, but it's there if you care to look at it. Go to the Misc Pictures and at the bottom is Stainless Vent Install.
It can be seen at:
http://www.tm52.com/bge/ventinstall.htm[p]Tim

[ul][li]Stainless Vent Install[/ul]

Comments

• Chief
    Chief Posts: 154
    Options
    Tim M,
    Did you know all the new one now come with the SSVent and a video for your cooking pleasure??? At least that's what our distributer gives when you purchase a BGE. Is this normal for all new BGEs???

• Tim M
    Options
    Chief,[p]The new ones - yes. You will see many forum members in that video too. [p]Tim
  • Chief
    Chief Posts: 154
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Looks like a nice bunch of people....can't wait to meet them in Atlanta and Waldorf

• Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    Options
    Tim M,
    Great pictorial, Tim. Um, would you have needed the 17 year-old if you had removed the wings when lifting humpty?[p]Or, maybe we should lift humpty 2-3 x/week as an exercise program?
    ;-)
    Mary

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Mary, I will join you in giving Tim M a A+ for a job well done. Thanks Tim..!!

• Tim M
    Options
    Mary,[p]My Egg lives in that nest. To get it out is not hard for two when the firebox and firering are removed. Removing the dome would have made it very easy for one but every bolt normally breaks when you remove them from the band(they are that tight). The Eggmate (wings) don't add 5 lb to the thing so leaving them on was not a problem. If its in a nest, it has to come out. If yours is like mine, the bottom 2 bolts heads are right where the nest supports are and so I removed the old ones long ago. I just filled the empty hole with silicone to prevent air enter via the hole. [p]Gosh, I am feeling like Alan Z
    Tim

• Unknown
    Options
    Tim M,
    I must be lucky. I have replaced the original bands with the autolock bands when they first became available and more recently the old autolock with a new set (the old ones weren't predrilled for the eggmate). Haven't had a broken bolt yet. The original bottom vent still works fine, and shows no signs of rust. I occasionally squirt it with WD40 and very seldom remember to (or am too lazy to) put on the protective cover. I suppose its just a matter of time.[p]I just ordered the new metal grill extender. Why did I do that? I can't think of anything it will let me do that I can't do with some firebricks and my old Weber grill.
    P.S. Your site is top notch and contributes to old and new alike.[p]