Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

JAKE: 1985 - Feb. 20, 2011

13»

Comments

• Jake was one of a kind. I always enjoyed his appearances in your posts. RIP
    ·
  • i'm really sorry for your loss...its obvious that jake was a member of your family!!! ....
    ·
  • Bob-OBob-O Posts: 211
    Sorry to heat about Jake. It's always hard to lose a friend.
    ·
  • So sorry to hear the news. We are in a similar situation as our cat of 17 years is in the final stages of chronic renal failure and his demise appears to be close. We just need to be thankful for the time we have shared with the beloved members of the family and treasure the memories.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Sorry man. :(
    ·
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    My heart felt sympathies to you.One of the things that make parrots so special is their longevity, which also gives them plenty of time to find their way into your lives and hearts, making their passing like loosing a long time friend and family member. I'm sorry. :(
    ·
  • chocdocchocdoc Posts: 456
    I shall miss him on your pictures! Never had to look to see who was posting the great looking food when I saw his little green form perched on the glass.
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Dean,

Real sorry for your loss. 25 years is a long time and must be really tough. On the other hand, 25 years is a really long time and you're very fortunate. ;)
    ·
  • icemncmthicemncmth Posts: 1,157
    I am so sorry I hate that you lost a member of your family!
    ·
  • So sorry to hear that Deane. Jake was indeed a fixture of this forum and he will be missed. See you in 6 weeks or so, and we'll raise a glass in his memory.

Doug
    ·
  • BoatmanBoatman Posts: 854
    What a wonderful tribute to a lovely creature. You have lived better because of him. RIP.
    ·
  • Sorry to hear of the loss of Jake, JL. You have given him a wonderful life. It is a loving tribute to him that you have shown us in all those great pictures you have posted.
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,353
    I can relate to your loss... I few of my "buddies" have gone 'west' over the years, and my consolation has been the love & trust that was shared while we were companions. May God bless you!!
    ·
  • Sorry to hear that, JL. I remember the sad day my blue-fronted Amazon, Louro, went on to Bird Heaven. Condolences.
    ·
  • I am sorry to hear about Jake. I enjoyed seeing him in the pics of your cooks. Pets are a special part of our lives.
    ·
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    I'm so sorry, I always enjoyed the pics you posted with him.
    ·