Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Tonight's Pork Butts On...Anyone else?

ForniaFornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife hinted on the fact that we are ‘low’ on vacuum packs of pulled pork in the freezer, so I was given the task of doing a few Butts. Oh yeah….Twist my arm there! I've won them over on pulled pork.

Anyone else doing any overnighters???

2 Pork Butts (approx. 7.5# each)
Fab 'Free' mixed with Apple Juice and overnight to thicken before injection.

Injected with the Fab Free, attempted to massage the butts (ha!) every 2 hours. 15 hours in fridge after injection.

Slathered in yellow mustard; then rubbed with my latest homemade rub, which I really like on the ‘dry’ taste test.

On the Egg....at 250. This is the first time I’m putting liquid in the drip tray under the butts. Not sure if there is a difference from reading a bit.

One the Egg at 11:00pm….again, without a Guru. I’ve had dome temp stable now for 1.5 hrs., so I should be fine through the morning. I'll be up for a while yet though. Fingers crossed!
IMG_2896.jpg
These Butts from Sam's had a 'different' shape to them??? More 'square' than all the others I've bought. Any thoughts?

Injected in the cryovac package.
IMG_2900.jpg
IMG_2904.jpg
IMG_2906.jpg

Comments