Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

modernized old small

Options
outrageous
outrageous Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
picked up old small this week and decided to modernize it. thanks to crimsongator for advice on daisey wheel. the small daisey wheel does not fit old smalls. stopped by the store in tucker and picked up some items.

new handle on bans

395379125.jpg

new springed loaded hinge

395379201.jpg

did not want large getting their feelings hurt. cooking small fresh picnic ham and large smithfield ham

395379247.jpg

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

Comments

• berrygood
    Options
    Vintage eggs are cool.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Real good job.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    So jealous! I bought a large off Craigslist and needs updating as well. Has been sitting the last 5 months or so without being touched. I have purchased everything I need for updating other than the band. Where did you get the band? Was hoping to find a newer style used band. But thats seems to be like a needle in a haystack. Thats my biggest delay right now. Thanks!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WingRider
    Options
    Looks great. I upgraded mine also. I also have a daisy wheel that came with the egg that does not fit properly. I may have to spring for the medium DW.
    I use my small for most cooks, unless it will not fit in the small, then I fire up the medium.
    Happy cooking :laugh:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Great job on the restore. :)
  • outrageous
    Options
    wemt by the main store in tucker and picked up everything. i have a old large which still has the latch band on it.... need to upgraded but it cooks and works fine, so i am in no rush to upgrade it.

• outrageous
    Options
    i had to use gasket material under the dw to make sure it would fit and not fall off when opening the lid. works fine,