Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

modernized old small

outrageousoutrageous Posts: 534
edited 1:18AM in EggHead Forum
picked up old small this week and decided to modernize it. thanks to crimsongator for advice on daisey wheel. the small daisey wheel does not fit old smalls. stopped by the store in tucker and picked up some items.

new handle on bans

395379125.jpg

new springed loaded hinge

395379201.jpg

did not want large getting their feelings hurt. cooking small fresh picnic ham and large smithfield ham

395379247.jpg
·

Comments

• Vintage eggs are cool.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Real good job.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • WeberWho?WeberWho? Posts: 2,143
    So jealous! I bought a large off Craigslist and needs updating as well. Has been sitting the last 5 months or so without being touched. I have purchased everything I need for updating other than the band. Where did you get the band? Was hoping to find a newer style used band. But thats seems to be like a needle in a haystack. Thats my biggest delay right now. Thanks!
    ·
  • Looks great. I upgraded mine also. I also have a daisy wheel that came with the egg that does not fit properly. I may have to spring for the medium DW.
    I use my small for most cooks, unless it will not fit in the small, then I fire up the medium.
    Happy cooking :laugh:
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Great job on the restore. :)
    ·
  • wemt by the main store in tucker and picked up everything. i have a old large which still has the latch band on it.... need to upgraded but it cooks and works fine, so i am in no rush to upgrade it.
    ·
  • i had to use gasket material under the dw to make sure it would fit and not fall off when opening the lid. works fine,
    ·