Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Back Ribs

WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
edited 6:02AM in EggHead Forum
I did these yesterday, not real sure if I've ever done them before...and being the slacker I have about adding content to my website...I decided I would make a new picumentary and add it to my "ccoks" section...these were very good, not greay like I anticipated...just figured I'd share..

DSC00020.jpg

Comments

• Wess,

They look great! How long did they go?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    6 hours 15 minutes.....a little longer wouldn't have hurt but I'm not saying they "needed" more time either..
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,533
    love beef ribs. those have some good meat to them
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Those look excellent. The first ones I cooked were great, the last ones were very greasy.
  • I am definitely going to have to try these. Looking good!
  •  
    Very nice indeed. Sure hope they tasted as good as they look. Love beef ribs.

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Nice to see you posting again! ;)-RP
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Looks absolutely edible , Buddy. How's retirement? ....I'll never know. :(
    Mike...you'll know one day buddy...and it's goin pretty well thanks for askin..
  • Wess, your beef ribs look absolutely succulent! :)
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    They look really good Wess! All I ever see is short ribs.
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Glad to hear it. Best to Sally.
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    Greaaat Ribs
    great site!!
    thanks for the tips
  • They look great. :P
  • They look like they have a lot of meat on them. The last ones I did had very little meat on them. Disappointed in my last ones. Great job on the Back Ribs!
  • Those look mighty fine, Wess. Beef back ribs have become my favorite last year, I like them even better than spare ribs.
    Knoxville, TN
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Great looking ribs
    Tons of meat on those bad boys :)

Shane
  • Nice, Wess. And I hope you saved the bones for stock!
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    those look awesome wess. hope you're good bro.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Those look tasty Wess. I really got to try those.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Hey Faith Wess better save the bones so when Sally chains him to a tree in the back yard he will have something to eat.LOL
    Larry
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,162
    They look mighty good!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
    Wess how well would they mail?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Probably not so bad.....if they weren't...gone..LOL.
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Ribs look great! I recently egged beef ribs and was also surprised (pleasantly). The probably won't replace my favorite baby backs, but they were good! Loved the pics... :)
  • BHE1BHE1 Posts: 205
    DAMN!!! Those look great!
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Nicely done Wess! Beef ribs have been hit or miss here...one batch great, the next not so good, etc... Those look good and moist. I've become a fan of hot n fast on beef ribs, served medium-med rare. Not super tender, but I love the flavor and texture. :) Nice job! Take care my friend! ;)