Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Food/Game savers

MemphisQueMemphisQue Posts: 610
edited 2:27PM in EggHead Forum
Looking to buy a food/game saver. Happen to have a gift certificat from BassPro but will buy from anywhere. Looking for a good recommendation. Anyone really happy with their brand/model? Thanks.
·

Comments

• I got mine at Bass Pro-game saver plus. Works pretty good, the seal is not as strong as I thought it would be-as I wound up boiling 3 lbs of bbq instead of just warming it up in the hot water :blink: Think i paid around $175- would recomend :)
    ·
  • Is it fairly easy to use? Thanks.
    ·
  • Got one last weekend from Sams club. Foodsaver brand. Worked well on steak. I has a marinating attachment to speed up marinating.
    ·
  • I keep seeing the foodsaver brand everywhere I look. Thanks.
    ·
  •  
    I have THIS one from Bed, Bath & Beyond. At the top of the page go to Email Sign up and sign up for email and direct mail coupons. They do not send out a lot of junk mail and the coupons are worth getting. When you sign up they will almost instantly send you an email "get a 20% off one item in-store Savings Certificate". I used it on the FoodSaver. The snail mail coupons often have the same "20% off one item in-store" deal. I like my FoodSaver and use it to store all my meats in the freezer, it does a great job. Sometimes it can be little temper mental about drawing the vacuum but that could be me. One of our members, Richard I think and apologize if wrong, recommends getting bag material from THIS SITE. I have not tried it yet but have had it bookmarked for a long time. The prices look great. I like the rolls of material and make my own bags to size. Very easy. :)

Blair

·
  • CrueznCruezn Posts: 317
    I bought a Foodsaver brand from Costco. Had a coupon for $30 off. It's a better/bigger and cheaper than comparable Wal*Mart Foodsaver models. I think I paid $129 total. It's awesome.
    ·
  • gs300gs300 Posts: 24
    I'll second the food saver model. Have had ours for probably 10 years. Always use the rolls and cut to size. Saves money and does a great job. We season the steaks before freezing them. You will find that you take advantage of good sales more often. Cheap chicken, etc.

GS
    ·
  • Thanks for the link
    ·
  • Saving money with buying in bulk is one big reason I am in the market for one plus want to preserve my wild game from hunting seasons longer in the freezer
    ·
  • go to food savers site and enter you email address for promos and such, about a week later you will receive 80% off link. I bought this one shipping and all for $80

http://www.foodsaver.com/Product.aspx?id=c&cid=87&pid=7190
    ·
  • SlickSlick Posts: 382
    I got mine here a couple of years ago after going through a couple of foodsaver types. Probably overkill, but it works great. Bags and rolls are cheaper than foodsaver brand and very good quality. Cabela's sells the same unit for $50 more.

http://www.vacsealerbags.com/
    ·
  • I will do that - thanks.
    ·
  • Appreciate the link. ;)
    ·
  • check cabela's and watch the coke can crushing video.... i have on and it's true..... it will indeed crush the can.... i had several food savers....no need to elaborate?.....they are junk!....
    ·