Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Finely: Pics, start to finish.

Mr. & Mrs PotatoheadMr. & Mrs Potatohead Posts: 2,012
edited 11:13AM in EggHead Forum
So, finely I took some pics....
Ask anybody that I've been around. I carry the camera, I just don't use the darn thing :blush: .

Last Sunday I did up the pork loin roast that I thought I may have been doing at Minnesota Mini Frozen Fest 2011 the weekend before. But with the drop-outs :( we had a lot less people and a lot more food :woohoo: then we really needed....

The Raws for the stuffing.

P1010463.jpg

5 lb. pork loin, butterflied and stuffed with a combo of onion, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, dry cured pancetta, mozz, cheddar, provolone and asiago cheeses. Then it got a good rub of a coffee blend and some smoked paprika.

P1010464.jpg

P1010465-1.jpg

Served up with some Alberto's Fettuccini tossed with oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and.....It's the old / new hippy food, squash!

P1010466.jpg
·

Comments

• Wow! That is great looking and sounds better!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467
    I would bet that roast was gooood...
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Beautiful and awesome! I also made a pork loin, see my post elsewhere, with pictures..... glad to see you use your camera - always great to see what stuff looks like. Too bad we can't taste anything on the screen. Well, maybe the cat can do this but not us. . . . .
    ·
  • Jerry,

Looking really good!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Very nice, cook and pics, and i loved you in toy story (you've probably heard that one already)...
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Well, I'll be, this is a first Jerry! :blink:
    Great ingredients in that loin, bet that was yummy!!
    You hippy. :P
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Great looking cook!! I am looking forward to try something like that.
    ·
  • Hey...I was pretty good in that one.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Thanks for all the pic's they look great. I bet your stuffing was great in the loin. :P
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Your stuffed pork loin looks delish! And big enough to feed a large party for sure. You tied that puppy up real good, I don't think I could do all the fancy knots to hold it like you did... I'd end up tying my fingers into the package. :lol:

Wish I had the opportunity to join in at Frozen Fest and cook with you guys and gals! The cabin looks very nice. Perhaps some day...
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Perhaps next year... :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    VERY NICE! ;) :) I'll bet the "Dropouts" are pouting! :laugh:
    ·
  • Thanks all... For the nice comments!
    Yes! It was extremely tasty.
    I did, however, over-look an ingredient. That is chopped spinach on the very left of the board in the pic of the raws....That went in to the sauté of the stuffing too. I'm bad!!
    ·
  • Hi Jerry. I like your filling ingredients. Thanks for taking pics for a change.
    ·
  • Thanks....The filling (at least the toms, spinach and nuts) was inspired by Little Chef. I actually did her's for a fund raiser a while back. It was good too!
    ·
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    looks nice and cheesy!!! :laugh:
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    you did finely take some pics. :)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Great recipe for stuffing a loin. Looks delicious.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    i love what you did there.
    ·
  • That looks Mah-velous!! I have been thinking of doing a stuffed pork loin. Did you lose much/any of the stuffing as it cooked? The first time I made ABT's, I lost a lot of cheese out the ends but that was due to my inexperience with the product at hand. Still good, mind you but lost cheese is a crime from my son's POV!!
    ·
  • ;)
    ·
  • Actually, I lost some doing the rolling! More hands, than two, would be helpful in this process.
    I don't think any was lost during the cook. I didn't see any in the drip pan at all. Oil from the cheeses and fat from the cap, yes!
    The cheese mostly melds into this "sauce" that dries some and becomes the Stuffing.
    It really is great, with a lot of flavor.
    The one thing that I really make a point to do, is to tie each end pretty tight. Seems to help with the oozing that can happen during the cook.
    ·
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    WOW!!!
    pork loin is a topic...
    must try one of the good recepies being posted...
    congrats
    ·
  • Jerry,

Very finely done! ;) Nice pork!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Mmmmmmm Jerry,
    That stuffing would have been yummy in the backstrap!!!
    ·
  • Nicely done.
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Way to go Jer! looks like a sweet dinner to me. ;)
    ·
  • Thanks Steven, but it wasn't as pretty (interesting) looking as the one we did with skewers ;)
    ·
  • For sure! It turned out really great.
    I think it would have been a hit at the Ice Fest too.
    BTW, have you tried the burger? The bridies where wonderful. :)
    ·
  • DOW, I've never tried to do anything like that to venison, but it's a thought.
    ·