Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Shuttle launch scheduled

WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
edited 3:13PM in EggHead Forum
Last I saw launch is set for 4:50 pm EST

• Thanks Wess. We have the NASA channel here and watching it now with the boys. It is interesting to listen to the radio chatter.
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Here's a launch from several years ago
  • Here's a very cool time lapse film of the entire space shuttle launch. (Don't know if it's from today or not)
    There is no sound until the very last minute.
  • I recognize this Launch of March 2009....
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    that was pretty awesome!
    context is important :)
  • How cool and how historic is that? Great shots.
  • Wish I could see the last one
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    That was a launch of Columbia about 10 years ago. My daughter was an engineer working on the shuttle Ohms engines. NASA had an open house for employees and their families. We got a nice tour and were allowed to drive around and visit some of the old abandoned Mercury, Gemini and Appollo launch cites that were once the center of the world's attention and now all overgrown. Very eerie to visit after watching most of those launches on TV with that same daughter, it reminded me of the great opening scene in the movie 12 O'clock high.
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Looks like they are currently scheduled for Endeavour April 19th and Atlantis on June 28th..
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    We drove over to see it. A mob of people, but I am glad we went, it is an awesome sight. We were on the main land shore, approx 5mi from launch site. A good view and I got a few pics, but to far away for my little camera to bring in well enough to post. :)
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    There's only about a dozen pictures it was a webpage about one of our cruises...but either way we enjoyed a wonderful tour of the Kennedy space might like to see some of the shots..
  • Very cool to see a launch in person. I was working as part of the Repair team for ET-215 (STS 122); for the feedthru connector issue. We were able to tour the launch pad, orbiter processing center, and mission control in our off time. I watched the launch from the back side of the Vertical Assembly Building - very, very cool.