Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin with Rosemary

Options
Da Kine Green BBQ
Da Kine Green BBQ Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Making use of my new ET-732 and the nice weather. Made a pork loin with rosemary, extra virgin olive oil, pepper, sea salt crust and marinade inside.

Here are the pictures:

Very simple ingredients

036a86da.jpg

Smashing spices and oil in the mortar and pestle

ace8ead4.jpg

Butterfly cut the loin, then smash it flat and even with a hammer

7a4a2e4a.jpg

Spreading the marinade

bb8a269f.jpg

Tying the roast back into a cylinder

7a5091c0.jpg

On the Large BGE

a6e17ced.jpg

Checking the temperature - yeah that is the ET-732 and no, I don't have to go that close to the cooker to get a reading.... This is a low temperature, I pulled it out of the cooker at about 170 degrees.

c2801c5c.jpg

Resting. . . . . (covered with foil after picture was taken)

a5d06224.jpg

Slicing. . . .

97685aad.jpg

Put on a plate for serving... with raspberry Jell-O, I need recipies for side dishes. . . .

df0ba251.jpg

df0ba251.jpg

Comments

• Lovenbrau
    Options
    Nice meat! Try some simple side like fresh green beans steamed with garlic, (my kids love them) with butter salt and pepper. Baked potato. Nothing fancy, just comfort food. You nailed the hard part!

Rich
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    That looks really good. I will have to try a pork loin on the egg one of these days. Nice!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Kew_el_steve
    Options
    Try pulling at a lower temp., like 140*. All the nasties are gone at about 138*, so if it's pulled at 140* and rests for 5-10 minutes (cover with AF) to coast up to 145-150, the meat is done enough and is juicier and tastier.
    B)
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    That DOES look good! :) Nice job.
    As for sides...Crushed potatoes or double baked. Grilled or steamed veggies. Just some really good bread and a salad....
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Looks tasty... throw some taters on the Egg too. :)
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • MemphisQue
    Options
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Options
    Here's an easy side for sauerkraut that goes great with roast pork:

can kraut, drained
    1/4 cup dark brown sugar (if you don't have dark, add a tsp. of molasses)
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    1 cup water
    1 T butter
    1 medium onion

Bring the kraut, sugar, vinegar, and water to a boil, then cover and simmer for 1-1.5 hours. Chop the onion and brown well in the butter. After the kraut has simmered for at least an hour, remove the lid and boil off most of the liquid. Stir in the onion and serve.
  • Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    Options
    WOW!!!
    It looks so tasty...
    And as you said easy to prepare!!!
    thanks for the tip!!
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Looks great. Another side suggestion for the loin is cranberry sauce.
    Follow directions on cranberry package, except, use half the amt sugar called for, the juice of one orange, one teaspoon + of the orange zest and one cinnamon stick. Bring cranberries to boil and cook on low flame until all berries are popped. Either serve warm or cooled down (pectin will thicken sauce as it cools). If you don’t like the seeds then pass berries thru fine sieve or food mill. (don't forget to remove the cinnamon stick)
    I have started brining all my pork loins. They cook up very juicy and leftovers are juicy too!. Try pulling the loin at 145, carryover will take it up to 150 easy.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx