Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stoker on my Egg

Big Stogie
Big Stogie Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have has my Egg for a short time and I have had my fair share of problems keeping constant temps or geting what I want for temps. My beautiful wife bought me a Stoker for Christmas and I got my first chance to use it the other day. Welcome to a new world of cooking and control, this thing now holds temp like my Smokin Tex, set it and forget it. Got the woreless set up and it is sending me info, I love it, Thankd Stoker for a great product!
Stogie Man

Comments

• It is a great tool, but I would still try to learn how to control temp without it. I feel like getting one of these devices too early in your egging experience to some extent does you a disservice.

That being said, obviously I love it. Enjoy your new toy!
  • I have a few smokers and I have a handle on it but tend to be out there fussing with it all the time, smoker OCD I guess, this make the cook much more enjoyable for me.
  • Best controller out there IMHO.

Great service too.
  • srq2625
    srq2625 Posts: 262
    I also have one and find that it's a dream for the low-n-slow cooks .... 'cause I'm also a bit more OCD about the temps.

But, they are limited in that you can't use it for the higher temp cooks. This is when it really, really becomes important that one know how to establish and maintain a target temperature .... and I'm still working on that but have been havig more and more success :)