Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 More Days and a Wake Up

Options
PapaQ
PapaQ Posts: 170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
CopyofIMG_0288.jpg
<p />Sunsets in Mazatlan are awesome. This picture has been my screen saver for the last month. Had 2-3 inches of snow last night, but the sun came out today and melted it off my eggs. Chicken breasts rubbed with Witchy Red will go on the grill in about a half an hour.[p]Egg on folks.[p]Paul

Comments

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    PapaQ,[p]so whose gonna watch after the eggs while your baskin in them sunsets. i'ld be more than happy to, but will be playin nurse to wife, she'll be in surgery in about 36 hour, just hoping they fix her up right. bad backs are a serious pain in the ... uh back.[p]Scott

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    PapaQ,
    I am suprised that thing stayed lit after that serious dunk.[p]Nice pix. May your countdown seem a short one!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    PapaQ,
    Nice sunset. I can imagine that the folks down there grill a lot of seafood. Any chance that you could set something up for BBQing? Seems like a perfect opportunity for relaxing around the fire with a few coronas:)[p]Clay

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    PapaQ,
    Nice pic man. Let me know about the chicken.[p]Mike

• Nature Boy,[p]Thanks Chris. I have two more coming that will be even more dramatic. Everyone in the little complex where we stay gathers on the patio to watch the sunset every night. Some days don't cooperate, but most do, and we are treated to one of nature's wonders.[p]Paul

• PapaQ
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Thanks Mike. Boneless chicken breasts are always kind of "ify" for me. They are easily overcooked. Tonight's effort was a bit overdone, but they were still very tasty - not just as juicy as I would have liked.[p]Paul

• PapaQ
    Options
    Clay Q,[p]You're right about seafood, but shrimp tops the field. Mazatlan exports more shrimp than anywhere else in the world. It seems they also know how to cook it more ways than anyone. They do some BBQ, but nothing like in the US. Many of the poorer people still have small grills in their homes on which they burn mesquite. You can smell it at night. Then, there's carne asada. There are lots of carne stands around, but it's a little risky healthwise to sample the wares. I have and survived, but I know others who have become really sick. I think the year I spent in Vietnam steeled my stomach. Many of the resturants serve seafood and meat stews in clay pots that are very good. I'll miss my eggs, but won't want for good eats.[p]Paul [p] [p]

• PapaQ
    Options
    eggor,[p]One of my sons and his fiancee will be housesitting for us. The eggs will be lonely, though. My son loves the egged food I cook, but hasn't taken much interest in learning the process.[p]I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's pending surgery. There are few things more aggravating than chronic back pain. Mine acts up occasionally, and it's darn uncomfortable. My prayers will be with you both for a successful procedure and quick recovery.[p]I look forward to our get together in the spring.[p]Paul