Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new (old) addition to large

Options
outrageous
outrageous Posts: 803
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
picked this up today to join the large egg. several yrs old but clean as a whistle. now have the large and small combo that everyone has suggested.

strapped in on way home

395304491.jpg

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Options
    It looks like you have the early version that has a seam down both sides. I know where there is a twin to that. It is probably 12yrs old or a bit more.

I can't see if you have the daisy wheel, if not you will need one for a medium. The small daisy wheel is too small for that egg.
  • outrageous
    Options
    thanks, i had heard that but was not sure. it is that old but got it a great price. will be a good addition expecially for the price.

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Crimsongator
    Options
    Absolutley. Just remember that the internals of the new small may not fit it. If something cracks you may have to limp along with it. The small Sparky helped me get was not in as good of shape but was also $40, so the risk/reward was on the upside.
  • Beaker
    Beaker Posts: 293
    Options
    Great score...I am looking for a small here in Denver myself!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Very cool. You will love having the extra Egg/Cooking space. I think you will find that you can do most anything on the Small that you can the Large. Although they perform much differently.

Congrats on the new Egg.
  • Egghead Willie
    Options
    Congrats. I love my large / small combo. This wintaer I've used the small most nights since its just the two of us. Figured I save enough lump I could buy the mini but the Mrs is not having it. LOL!! Enjoy.