Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza for Family Day

MCRMCR Posts: 270
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To celebrate family day... We had pizza. Tried a new dough... turn out great! The dough had good result with thin or thick crust and no need to pre-cook! Eveverything turn out great.

Split personality pizza!
Ready_2.jpg

Stuff crust ready to go.

ready.jpg

Cruising Altitude...

cruising_altitude.jpg

Cooking!
cooking_2.jpg

cooking.jpg

Finish Product
Finish_3.jpg

Finishpie.jpg

Side view of the stuff crust.

Stuff_crust.jpg
Marc
·

Comments

• YUMMMM I say
    ·
  • Marc,
    Was that a store bought or home made? If it was store bought would you share the brand. If you made it you must share the recipe. Looks great ;)
    ·
  • You beat me to it! Please share!
    ·
  • Very nice! Makes me hungry!
    ·
  • Very nice! Makes me hungry!
    ·
  • MCRMCR Posts: 270
    Look at the pizza in the 6th photo, it's not perfectly round... so it not store bought.

All 4 pizza were homemade. I used the following recipe from the forum for the dough. The recipe is called "Garlic and Butter Pizza Dough" and the topping are the usual on these pies.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=68&func=detail&id=1049

I have to admit my son has been working in restaurant and I pick up a few tricks from him. He did the crust stuffing while I was attending the BGE with another pie.
    Marc
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Great way to spend Family Day
    The pies look very tasty :)

Shane
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    That looks great. I looked at the link you posted and it says it is bread machine tested.....any instructions for making it with a bread machine? I'd really like to give it a try.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Yes, we had a great time, everyone chip in and contributed at choping, dressing the pies, cleaning or something else.

Every pizza was tasty, the stuff crust was easy to do, look great, very appealling as final product, all were good! We had to take a break before dessert.
    Marc
    ·
    I double the recipe, the bread machine was out of question, so I did mine with a "Stand mixer". I was interrupted by the phone. When I finish the call, the dough was done as well without the corn meal. With the mixer, the corn meal would not mix, simply a bit on the outside, so we had to finish it by hand to get a good and even mix.

The sponge is different approach than what I was expecting or accustom to but it work great. Both the sponge and the dough rising time was less than the recipe call for.

Again, easy to make, good result with thin or trick crust appoach. I do not see any problem with the bread machine, just add all the ingredients in the normal order and pull the dough before the cooking start.
    Marc
    ·
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    wow!!!!
    do you have delivery?
    niceeee piza
    ·