Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dragon's Breath Charcoal - Where to buy in MS?

Nate40302Nate40302 Posts: 2
edited 1:07AM in EggHead Forum
Anybody know where to buy this charcoal in Mississippi?

Thanks
·

Comments

• 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Nate40302, Welcome to the forum. :) Tim

Naked Whiz has a write up on his site. If you scroll down to the bottom you will find the contact information. Give them a call if all else fails.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag78.htm
    ·
  • It is available by mail order from 'The Charcoal store"

It is expensive to ship! Do a web search for the above.
    WLL
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    i don't know if we get it or not, but where do you live nate?
    ·
  • Brandon
    ·
  • What's special about Dragon's Breath? Actually first time I have heard of it.

I have used Royal Oak (Wally World) for years as well as Kroger brand lump (10k small bags). Royal Oak makes the Kroger as well as the BGE lump.
    ·
  • It is just charcoal but I like it better than Royal oak because:
    It has fewer foreign objects (rocks, insulation,pieces of metal, uncarbonized wood, moon rocks and stinky c**p.)
    It will burn longer on a low and slow and high and hot (pizza cooks)
    I have never had a bad bag.
    I can buy it for a few penny's more than R.O.
    It smells good.
    I do use R.O. but just for certain cooks and only buy it when Menard's has it for under 4 bucks for the 8.8 lb bags.
    Of all the brands I've tried (Frontier, Kingsford char-wood, Stumps, Original Charcoal, Wicked Good, Grove, Cowboy, Fire King) this is my number one.
    I know that theres folks that can only source from Wally World but if you have other sources (I think it to expensive to have it shipped) I would try something besides R.O.
    Just my 2 cents and no I'm not offended if you disagree. It's just charcoal!
    TTFN WLL
    ·
  • beerguybeerguy Posts: 105
    Dragon's Breath is my favorite out of the 9 or 10 different lumps I've tried. A typical bag has a nice assortment of different size pieces and it doesn't create a ton of ash when you burn it. Fortunately, The Charcoal Store is here in MN so I have easy access to it. They say they ship a lot of it throughout the country.
    ·
  • The issue is availability in Mississippi. We don't get much distribution from the west or northeast. I have gone in on a pallet of Wicked Good Weekend Warrior which I save for low-n-slow cooks. It is dense, burns slow, but is harder to light, so I top it off with RO for lighting. I have gotten some Ozark Oak when travelling and it seems to be good.
    BGE and RO are available and I find them very similar (doesn't seem like RO packages the BGE lump with better pieces), and the RO is almost half the cost of BGE- no brainer.

Hopefully some day we will have access to some of these other brands you guys talk about ! :)
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    as clark said above, you should check out wicked good. i don't know if you can get it near jacktown, but grate grills has it down here. it's highly ranked on the naked whiz website. i think it's what you are looking for.

are you coming to eggfest?
    ·