Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dragon's Breath Charcoal - Where to buy in MS?

Options
Nate40302
Nate40302 Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody know where to buy this charcoal in Mississippi?

Thanks

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Nate40302, Welcome to the forum. :) Tim

Naked Whiz has a write up on his site. If you scroll down to the bottom you will find the contact information. Give them a call if all else fails.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag78.htm
  • Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    It is available by mail order from 'The Charcoal store"

It is expensive to ship! Do a web search for the above.
    WLL
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    i don't know if we get it or not, but where do you live nate?
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    What's special about Dragon's Breath? Actually first time I have heard of it.

I have used Royal Oak (Wally World) for years as well as Kroger brand lump (10k small bags). Royal Oak makes the Kroger as well as the BGE lump.
  • Willie Lump Lump
    Options
    It is just charcoal but I like it better than Royal oak because:
    It has fewer foreign objects (rocks, insulation,pieces of metal, uncarbonized wood, moon rocks and stinky c**p.)
    It will burn longer on a low and slow and high and hot (pizza cooks)
    I have never had a bad bag.
    I can buy it for a few penny's more than R.O.
    It smells good.
    I do use R.O. but just for certain cooks and only buy it when Menard's has it for under 4 bucks for the 8.8 lb bags.
    Of all the brands I've tried (Frontier, Kingsford char-wood, Stumps, Original Charcoal, Wicked Good, Grove, Cowboy, Fire King) this is my number one.
    I know that theres folks that can only source from Wally World but if you have other sources (I think it to expensive to have it shipped) I would try something besides R.O.
    Just my 2 cents and no I'm not offended if you disagree. It's just charcoal!
    TTFN WLL
  • beerguy
    beerguy Posts: 116
    Options
    Dragon's Breath is my favorite out of the 9 or 10 different lumps I've tried. A typical bag has a nice assortment of different size pieces and it doesn't create a ton of ash when you burn it. Fortunately, The Charcoal Store is here in MN so I have easy access to it. They say they ship a lot of it throughout the country.
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    The issue is availability in Mississippi. We don't get much distribution from the west or northeast. I have gone in on a pallet of Wicked Good Weekend Warrior which I save for low-n-slow cooks. It is dense, burns slow, but is harder to light, so I top it off with RO for lighting. I have gotten some Ozark Oak when travelling and it seems to be good.
    BGE and RO are available and I find them very similar (doesn't seem like RO packages the BGE lump with better pieces), and the RO is almost half the cost of BGE- no brainer.

Hopefully some day we will have access to some of these other brands you guys talk about ! :)
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    as clark said above, you should check out wicked good. i don't know if you can get it near jacktown, but grate grills has it down here. it's highly ranked on the naked whiz website. i think it's what you are looking for.

are you coming to eggfest?