Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pit beef and the Daytona 500

Fluffyb
Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had our annual Daytona 500 party yesterday. Think we created a few new race fans. I cooked Pit Beef, thanks to WessB's site and Large Marge and others for the inspiration. What an easy and delicious cook, everyone went crazy for it.

Rubbed 2 6 pound sirloin tip roasts with a combination of DP Cowlick, The Pig rub and garlic powder. Put in Ziplocks and refrigerated over night. Put them on the Egg at 375 for about 2 hours with hickory, until 130 internal. Then wrapped and refrigerated overnight again.
IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

Sliced thin with an electric slicer.
IMAG0198.jpg

Also threw on some wings, dusted with Willingham's Original rub and smoked with cherry.
IMAG0199.jpg

Served with sourdough rolls, sliced white onion and horseradish mayo. Incredibly DELICIOUS and easy! And the wings disappeared withing minutes.
IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg

My best friend brought me an early birthday gift. She knows I love everything pickle, so I am in heaven. Such a thoughtful gift.
IMAG0203.jpg

The rain cleared leaving stunning views of the mountains. The snow level is lower than anyone has seen out here. Heard there was a 2 hour wait for the tram that goes to the top of this mountain, Mt. San Jacinto.
IMAG0205.jpg

Comments