Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lakeland

Options
JSlot
JSlot Posts: 1,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for all the kind words about our Lakeland results. We were pretty pleased with our performance in that field of heavy hitters. The bottom line was this:[p]14th place chicken (153.7146)
5th place ribs (161.7146)
18th place pork (150.2856)
44th place brisket (128.5714)[p]20th place overall (594.2862)[p]I'm still clueless about the brisket. I thought ours was decent. A mediocre score of ~150 in brisket would have put us up in the top 5. We're definitely going to be working on that over the next month or so. It was a great contest. Congrats to Lee and Bobbie (2 in a row!) and Johnny and Trish for grand and reserve, respectively. The weather cooperated nicely. It went from drizzling rain and 50° on Friday to sunny and 70°+ on Saturday. The crowds were awesome and we sold over $1K worth of BBQ.[p]It was great seeing old friends, too. Julie Appledog came down and took the judging class, judged her first contest, and hung out with us most of the weekend. Ray also judged the contest and hung out for a little while. BucsFanJim was down there and quite a few other Eggers as well. Charles (BS Pitmeister) made the trek down and took home a ribbon and 7th place overall, too. It's always great hanging with Charles!! Oh, and he's going to be the proud papa of a new egg at the Florida EGGfest!! I new he'd come around sooner or later. LOL.[p]I also have to thank Todd of Todd's Truck & RV Parts for sponsoring us. We had a great time and we'll be back next year![p]Frosty Ones!
Jim

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    JSlot,
    Big congrats Jim...and to Lee and the Pig Pals. The real good guys DO win soetimes. I made a post last night announcing your 5th place ribs, but I keep forgetting you have to preview, then send it....so I think I shut the computer off before it was sent. [p]20th overall aint playin. Congratulations, Jim. We know exactly what you mean about getting hamered by judges when you KNOW you turned in some good chit. Don't kill yourself changing stuff for that day's judging table! You know that though! Do the same ribs and brisket next time, and your ribs will tank and your brisket will do well.[p]Way to go, ma fraind.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BucsFanJim
    Options
    JSlot,
    Great to see you again Jim...Congrats on the ribs! You had some great stuff going on those Eggs Friday night. [p]We were in the backyard div. We finished 3rd overall out of 44 teams. Placed 2nd in pork, 11th chicken, 13th ribs, 7th in brisket... and terrible with our first shot at sauce.[p]Jim

• JSlot,[p]Congratulation on the ribs...I sure wish you'd post some pics of your set up when you doing that stuff at one of them places...I never been to one and would like to see what it looks like.
  • Charles in SC
    Options
    JSlot,
    It is always nice to get to hang with ya'll and yes I am looking forward to getting my new egg in march.
    See you in Charlestown![p]

• JSlot,Congrats, you was in a heavy line up there and done well. We find the brisket a hard one to get just right. Hope to see you in action this year. We need to keep a good watch on Charles or he'll have that bus full of EGGS.[p]Good EGGIN to You,
    Poppasam

• MR H
    MR H Posts: 109
    Options
    JSlot,
    CONGRATS. Jim I had to work Sat. so I missed a great time.I hope you can make the Fl eggfest in March.[p]Howard in Bartow