Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak and Bake

Options
chocdoc
chocdoc Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Off to work in about 20 minutes - so this am was the only time I had for some Egging and some baking.

A bit of snow fell last night - no where near the initially predicted amounts.

5464948173_70109e43cd.jpg
DSCN2597 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Hot tubbed this rib steak for about an hour in the sink. Egg was around 800 when I put it on. Noticed a couple of little burns on the sleeve of my coat today! A couple of burgers for hubby to reheat at supper time.

5465546914_dc1d8dca60.jpg
DSCN2604 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

5464948301_9408ca8c25.jpg
DSCN2612 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

5465547060_e614f0d7ab.jpg
DSCN2616 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Meanwhile, back in the kitchen, I was baking this crumb cake to take to work.

5464948359_827073e1f2.jpg
DSCN2614 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

And a Cherry Cake Pudding - you pour the syrup from the cherries - thickened with a bit of flour and mounted with some butter - over the cake when it comes out of the oven. Got a siphon full of cream to take to work to serve it with.

5464948105_d92011423f.jpg
DSCN2622 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Comments

• Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    Options
    WOW!!!
    Great stake!!!
    I am hungry now...
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Kerry, Does the cake soak up all/most of the cherry liquid? Looks pretty soupy. I bet it has outstanding flavor.
    I've found burns on my sleves as well.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Lucky guy :)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• MemphisQue
    Options
    Bone in ribeye looks perfect
  • chocdoc
    chocdoc Posts: 461
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    Kerry, Does the cake soak up all/most of the cherry liquid? Looks pretty soupy. I bet it has outstanding flavor.
    I've found burns on my sleves as well.

It didn't really soak it up as much as I expected. Flavour was good - it's pretty much gone already!