Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Eggs in the Desert / whole pig in large BGE

mbmikembmike Posts: 32
edited 2:40PM in EggHead Forum
Everyone who missed the Eggfest here in Phoenix missed a great time, weather was a challange but the turn out of eggheads, Dr bbq,and all the folks that love bbq was amazing. I searched the forums before on smoking a whole pig several members added there questions and answers to prior eggheads that had tried this before so I tried 1 a month ago with success and decided to pull another one off for the Eggfest in Phx.here are a few pics of my pigs. approx 15hr cook at 225 with a bbq guru, i first brined the pig in apple cider,water, brown sugar,salt pepper, garlic,all types of spices, removed 5 inches of backbone cutting the ribs out also around the rib meat, then he was able to be put in a rackwith his head sitting between his rear leggs. I removed the fire ring for space.int the kitchen sink getting a sponge bath, 1 rule make sure wifes not home IMAG0473.jpglaying out IMAG0474.jpg
·

Comments

• GWGW Posts: 98
    Congrats on winning the large BGE. You deserve it for all the work you went through. I regret not getting a chance to chat more. Too busy cooking! Hope to see you AZ eggheads next year.
    ·
  • mbmikembmike Posts: 32
    Next I cut out the back bone to fit into rack to assumethe smoking postion IMAG0475.jpghere after several hrs cooking shot_1298085490816.jpgWilbur inside the large BGE photo-1.jpglate night look with bbq guru shot_1298085235017.jpgearley morning pictures shot_1298085490816.jpgTeam Pratt at eggfest 2011-02-19091024.jpglate night picture by Shelton from BBQ Islands showing off the BGE Color shot_1298085852626.jpg
    ·
    Thanks Scott for the congrates on the win, I too would have enjoyed talking more, for sure were on for next yrs eggfest, were planning a few in between possible the one in Texas in April, also Eggs in the bay in SF. so I hope to see you before next year.
    ·
  • Congrats to you guys on the win, and what a fabulous cook!! And a nice, festive set-up with your Aloha theme as well. Thanks for cooking!
    ·
    Thanks Greg wish the weather held off till later, but hey it was a heck of a day!
    ·
  • Great presentation
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Mike, it was good seeing you again. You really out did yourself with the pig and it was delicious! And I might add you have one heck of an awesome wife! -RP
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    verrrry nice!
    ·
  • MileHiMileHi Posts: 1
    Nice!  How many pounds was wilbur?
    ·
  • MileHi said:

Nice!  How many pounds was wilbur?

Check your date @MileHi because that was over three years ago. ZOMBIE THREAD!!!image

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·