Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My cook pics for iron chef Mushroon

Options
wkygriller
wkygriller Posts: 408
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When I found out that the secret ingredient was mushrooms I almost bailed since I don't like mushrooms so I thought. After this weekend I have a different opinion. the mushrooms I have had in the past are nowhere close to what I ate this weekend. Thanks lowercase bill.
Friday I seared a couple of ribeyes
102_0847.jpg
Did a cabernet mushroom sauce
102_0846.jpg
Finished product...
102_0850.jpg
Saturday made a trip to Nashville for my first visit to trader Joe's
Pan seared chicken..
102_0852.jpg
Not a great pic, but was a wonderful MUSHROOM chicken Marsala on top of wild mushroom rice with oriental mushroom garlic green beans
102_0859.jpg
Tonight we had stuffed mushrooms, pork tenderloin stuffed with mushroom,spinach,garlic and goat cheese. On the side was prosciutto wrapped asparagus and hassleback potatoes. Best meal of the weekend!!!
102_4832.jpg
102_4835.jpg
102_4841.jpg
Sorry its late.. :whistle:
BTW everything was cooked on the egg..

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Glad you came around to shrooms. Possibly my favorite food on earth

Make yourself a mushroom risotto. We have it at least weekly

Earthy. Umami. Wonderful stuff
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BigGreenGregg
    Options
    Richard - all of those cooks look tasty! Way to embrace the 'shroom!
  • wkygriller
    Options
    Now that I have tried mushrooms at home and not over cooked them I am sold :woohoo:. I will be doing more cooks with shrooms soon. Will look up the recipe for risotto and give it a try. I hated asparagus also till today. After having fresh with the local prosciutto, it will be on the menu going forward. If you are looking for great prosciutto look up newsoms country ham ;) on the web.
  • Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    Options
    WOOOOW!!!
    great weekend!!!
    congrats
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Richard:

i never liked risotto until a local Italian restaurant owner taught me to make it last year...the secret is that when it's done right, it is loose and gloppy, like oatmeal. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Thought that might be a help.

I think I can find her recipe if you need it, I know it's around here somewhere in the piles of paper.
    Judy in San Diego
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Lots of good eating there. :P
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Super duper sauces and a whole weekend to convert to the yummie side of shroomdome !!!
    Been wanting to do the fresh greenbean/fresh mushroom sauce,too ;)
    Hope you continue to enjoy the mushrooms
    Great job!
  • wkygriller
    Options
    Judy,
    Just did a search on risotto and it sounds delicious. If you do run across the recipe I would really like to give it a try.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Nice looking meal. Here is the little one's risotto.

easy to do. The key is aborio or paella rice. Absorbs the liquid perfectly.

Rice, Risotto, Little Steven

Rissoto is easy man. Saute your arborio rice in butter and galic for a few minutes till it is translucent. Have a hot (not boiling) pot of stock at the ready. Deglaze the saute pan with white wine, wait til the wine is absorbed, add a couple of ladles of stock, jiggle the pan so the rice is covered, wait till that absorbs, do that a couple or three more times until the rice still has a bit of crunch to it, add a little bit of stock and your herbs and or vegetables parmesan and/or peccorino and stir. Let is sit for five minutes uncovered. It should be creamy not like regular rice.

INGREDIENTS:

Recipe Type
    Side Dish

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Little Steven, 2008/05/09
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Richard, for someone who doesn't like mushrooms, you sure went to town. Everything looks delicious. Those stuffed tenderloins look perfect! :)

Sure hope you like mushrooms after all that. :laugh:
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    You are now the Mushroom King. To take an item that you do not like and go to town like you did is an awesome feat. Way to go!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • wkygriller
    Options
    DOW,
    I found the recipe on cdkitchen. (oriental green beans with mushrooms and bacon)
    I would post a link, but haven't figured out how to do that yet.
  • wkygriller
    Options
    Faith.. I wouldn't say the king, but will start adding them to my grocery list going forward. I kinda did the same feat years ago. I used to hate beer...not anymore :whistle:
  • wkygriller
    Options
    Rebecca,
    The filling was awesome. Wish I had cooked about 10 degrees less. The pork had very little pink. But the guests sure didn't complain :woohoo: