Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tri-tip fajitas and grilled peaches.....

Options
deepsouth
deepsouth Posts: 1,796
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
lucked up on a couple tri-tips today, so i decided to make fajitas....

rubbed the tri-tip down with some chili-lime rub with sea salt as well as some fresh cracked pepper. i used dizzy pig pineapple head on the peaches. oil and salt and pepper on the vegetables. grilled everything....

7620ef7d.jpg

12a76600.jpg

ab3f8056.jpg

6ead8e04.jpg

b69b0dd4.jpg

cd11f310.jpg

b6ebf3a8.jpg

3d7bfe7b.jpg

4da31c50.jpg

thanks for looking!

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Looking mighty tasty there Jason. :P
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That fajita looks delish Jason! How were the peaches for this time of year?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Adam Boca
    Options
    Wow! That looks great!! What did you use to lower the rack down?
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Jason a very original combination looks delish & those tortillas are really good
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    Jason, that is fantastic! :)
  • BBQThom
    Options
  • EggSimon
    EggSimon Posts: 422
    Options
  • deepsouth
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    That fajita looks delish Jason! How were the peaches for this time of year?

they aren't great to be honest, but i had to try to grill some as i have never before.
  • deepsouth
    Options
    Adam Boca wrote:
    Wow! That looks great!! What did you use to lower the rack down?

that's a spider from the ceramicgrillstore with a cast iron grate from the local egg store, grate grills. highly recommended!
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Adam, Keep in mind this stuff is for the large egg. :)

I got the 16 inch wok and spider. We also got the adjustable rig with the sliding grates. We got the stone and drip pan and two oval grates and the rig that let's you cook high in the dome. Thanks Tom for the fantastic service and speedy delivery. Now I have to season the wok and get some wonderful cooks from you all. Tim

000_1844.jpg

In my dealings I ended up with a new large CI cooking grid that I did not want. I set out to get the small for my spider in my large egg because the medium was 15 inches across and the spider was a little less than that. I called around to all the dealers and no one carried the small CI cooking grid just the large and medium. While in Nashville last Saturday I traded the large for the medium and took my grinder to it. Now I did grind off plenty for when the CI grid gets hot and hopefully it's enough. I spoke to Tom at the CGS and he said to bring the egg up to 400° and see how tight it gets and go from there. I ended up with about 1/8 to 3/16 play all the way around. I hope it don't bust apart on me. Tim

000_2043-1.jpg

000_2044-1.jpg

000_2042-1.jpg

Now my stuff is nearly a year old and black.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Mighty good looking fajitas and peaches.....love the pineapple head too!. We've used it on pears but they always get too mushy for me... :)