Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Shrimp on The Egg, Which Dizzy Pig Rub?

JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 196
edited 11:11PM in EggHead Forum
Going to skewer some shrimp as appetizers before the filets. In the past, I've just marinated the shrimp skewers in Italian dressing. That was before I discovered this group. How do y'all think I should do them? A little olive oil, lemon and a light dusting of Ragin' River? Or another Dizzy Pig rub? All advice welcome.

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    JimboBQ,[p]Italian dressing with a little honey or maple syrup. I like Jamicain for mine or use just cayenne. Sweet to the taste then the flame kicks in.[p]CWM
  • Mac  in NCMac in NC Posts: 287
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I second that. Jamaican Firewalk is the way to go...[p]Mac
  • JimboBQ, I never had a bad shrimp and since the Egg arrived they are all out of this world... BUT if you never tried one of the old Eggtoberfest shrimp... Butterfly the shrimp, stuff with crab meat or imitation crab, wrap with bacon(about 1/2 a slice), skewer with toothpick, a little dab of good seafood rub,....and EGG IT !!! AWESOME, TOTALLY AWESOME......