Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp on The Egg, Which Dizzy Pig Rub?

Options
JimboBQ
JimboBQ Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to skewer some shrimp as appetizers before the filets. In the past, I've just marinated the shrimp skewers in Italian dressing. That was before I discovered this group. How do y'all think I should do them? A little olive oil, lemon and a light dusting of Ragin' River? Or another Dizzy Pig rub? All advice welcome.
Thanks,[p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    JimboBQ,[p]Italian dressing with a little honey or maple syrup. I like Jamicain for mine or use just cayenne. Sweet to the taste then the flame kicks in.[p]CWM
  • Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I second that. Jamaican Firewalk is the way to go...[p]Mac
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    JimboBQ, I never had a bad shrimp and since the Egg arrived they are all out of this world... BUT if you never tried one of the old Eggtoberfest shrimp... Butterfly the shrimp, stuff with crab meat or imitation crab, wrap with bacon(about 1/2 a slice), skewer with toothpick, a little dab of good seafood rub,....and EGG IT !!! AWESOME, TOTALLY AWESOME......