Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

storing Loney

BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
edited 2:48PM in EggHead Forum
I have that chub of Egged Loney for my friend, it is wrapped in foil is that O.K. or is plastic wrap better.

I had changed the foil as there was a little moisture in it from the other day. Hope to give it to her tomorrow.

Or I may cut it in two and freeze it??? Hope to get hold of her tonight.

Thanks,
Bordello

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,088
    Wrapped in plastic is my preferred method. You can also cut into sammie thick slices and freeze in plastic. I prefer not to use foil with anything that has tomato base as it reacts with the foil. Hope this helps.
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Thanks,
    As it was the first one I only used a mustard and Worch. slather, no rub as I wasn't sure about the salt content combined between the the rub and the meat itself.

:whistle:
    I did brush with a pure maple syrup and spiced rum glaze. :silly: Figured I would start there and see if I get shot or not. :ohmy:

Thanks,
    I have been thinking of slicing it for her but didn't know if the the slices would dry out or not. I only have plastic wrap and zip lock bags, no food saver.
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,088
    Will work fine.
    Thanks,
    Hope to talk with her tonight so will see what she wants.

Appreciate the info.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I like to store loney between two slices of bread and stuff it in my mouth. :woohoo: :laugh: :P
    :laugh:
    Ya,
    Bet it's just passing through though??? :silly:

LOL,
    Bordello
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    :laugh: funny and your right. :P :whistle:
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    :laugh: